Customer reviews

on 22 October 2012
I borrowed this book as a new title from our local library, and liked it so mush, that I had to order it straight away. I have been collecting vintage fabrics for many years now, but have had no time to do anything with them due to the demands of bringing up a young family. This book however, has really inspired me to make a start. The designs, fabric, and photographs are really simple, yet beautiful, and unlike so many books I have seen these days, the projects are all for things I really want to make (ironing board cover, carrier bag holder, peg bag, a simple cushion cover and much more) and could see in my home. They remind me of the comforting things I grew up with in my mother's and my grandmother's home. So if vintage is your thing, and home-made charm is your thing, and you are new to sewing, this book is for you. The instructions are kept simple, but detailed enough for a beginner to think "even I could make this". Doing any of the projects in this book will give you a real sense of achievement, and will give your home that "homespun" feel. It will increase your confidence in your own sewing abilities, and inspire you to come up with your own ideas, and go on to other sewing projects. I really can't recommend this lovely little book highly enough.
on 3 August 2017
Lots of projects for the home. Some are a little twee but will suit somebody's taste!
on 27 December 2013
I bought this for a friend who is scared to sew. The patterns - included in back flap - look manageable for a beginner. The pictures are lovely. Delivery reasonably quick.
on 3 August 2017
Great little book and great seller
on 23 September 2013
This is a well presented book,nice pictures and easy to follow instructions.Most of the projects are easy to make and thre are tutorials for less experienced sewers.
on 27 November 2015
Charming book of ideas. The pattern for the apron was very helpful (only one i used yet) There is a section at the back with pictures and very helpful explanations of techniques. Glad i bought this book after seeing it in the local library, Would make a great present to an interested daughter or niece.
on 12 January 2015
I have just made the ironing board cover following this books instructions. The end product is far superior to comparable end products of tutorials on pinterest or blogs.
on 3 August 2016
Some lovely patterns and ideas but you really need to know your stuff to follow the patterns as the instructions are not always clear.
on 10 May 2014
My daughter has just started making her own cushions and interior for her new home and this book was very helpful.
on 2 October 2014
Some very useful ideas and patterns