Customer reviews

on 19 February 2012
I already had this book in the larger version it has been very useful in my getting back into stick making after an illness that has left me very tired, so I got this one as a presant for a friend, recomendation for this book is 5*
Brian.
on 31 August 2011
I got an interest for walking sticks after joking to my wife that I might need one soon due to an injury I received from my time in the Army. Aged 31 now, I joked with my wife that they are all for old people so I had a look on websites at different designs. Much to my supprise there are thousands of beautiful designs out there. I also came across stick making materials which got me thinking.
I went on to wanting to give it a try. As a complete novice I made my first stick. Step by step with great discriptions and pictures I formed my first Hazel stick. Whats more it went on to sell for 15quid. Not bad for my first. I have made a few different styles since then and this book is always at hand.
I highly recomend it to anyone. I haven't hit a stumbling block yet that this book has not covered!!
on 28 January 2013
Ideal product for the beginner, giving detailed and specific instuctions, with illustrations. Have already started with the simple exercises and enjoying it. Would recommend this book to anyone interested in the subject.
on 28 November 2011
Bought this for my husband who has recently started a stick making class. He has found it informative and very useful. He freqently refers to it when in doubt about anything. Would definitely recommend it.
on 3 August 2016
This little book gives a comprehensive guide to the craft, from choosing the right wood, cutting the sticks, steam bending and everything from simple handles thro' carved wood and horn. Recommended.
on 28 December 2012
My husband was extremely pleased with this book - he is not a complete beginner at stickmaking, but has said there is so many things contained in the book that will help him in the future.
on 8 September 2012
Great hand book shows different sticks that can be used and their different properties how to bend timber and straighten and season sticks work with horn and
antler in great detail.
on 28 October 2015
Perfect book for the novice, with plenty of useful tips. Have read a few other books but this is the best so far! On my third stick now and getting more adventurous, Just buy it .
on 17 January 2012
My husband loves the book, just what he wanted! It's very detailed with great illustrations, can't wait to see the finished product, that's when he stops reading & starts doing.
on 2 February 2012
Loved this book,gives indepth knowledge from the most basic sticks to the more complicated. Would recommend just for a casual read (that probably sounds a bit sad) but true.