on 17 January 2009
I think this book is superb,very informative.Techniques are well explained and easy to follow.

All aspects are covered, from subjects, lighting and equipment to post production techniques.Money well spent.
on 30 October 2014
Disappointng
on 18 July 2016
on 23 February 2009
A good introduction to macro. Good pictures to accompany the text.

A couple of gripes though:
A "snapper" is a type of fish, not a photographer
I have asked around and noone can confirm the author's claim that downloading images from your digital camera will ultimately cause damage (unless this is a phenomenon peculiar to Nikon, which the author uses).

I read the book in about two hours, so I'm ready for something more challenging.
on 4 June 2009
The title of the book should be "Digital Macro Photography for absolute beginners/idiots". I do not recommend this book, it is far too basic.
on 9 September 2009
Delivery of the book was good and on time, I have fond the book a very helpful introduction to macro photography.
on 17 August 2009
Not a lot to say about it either I did not pay much for this book. I was pleased I didn't I dont know who this book is aimed at probably some one who has bought there first camera there's nothing original about any of the photographs they are much to small to have any impact many look like they have been cropped and enlarged not even close up would apply. Same old theme insects flowers and a few other bits nothing new in this book, way out of date the lay out of the book is much too bitty. I used to be a printer we would call this a Friday after noon special as for information and techniques not even basic you would really have to be a novice to get any thing out of this book even then it would not give you a good start. Save your money there are far better books than this on the market.
44 Comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 June 2007
Excellent book it lends it self to Middle - Advanced photographers.

Well some part are instuctive and helpful....as a Beginner I would'nt recommend it if your just starting in Macro.

But nevertheless excellent reading you cant not help but improve your own photography with this book anyway.

Some brilliant photography and well constructed format Nice book worth the money.You can read over and over with the same pleasure.

Mike The Netherlands
88 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse