on 11 June 2017
For me personally, this is the best upholstery book I have bought so far. It is not perfect as there is maybe a tad too much history and prepractical blurb to begin but the diagrams are clear and useful. I wish I could combine all the best bits from the four books I already have with this one - it would be the perfect tome! As I have got older, I find I need a good reference book to help with the steps I have forgotten - this book helps and along with the others it covers virtually everything I need.
One person found this helpful
on 14 October 2017
Overwhelming amount of graphics, with very little text. Seems to try to incorporate a load of information but doesn't organise any of it. Does not break anything down into steps, so I found this very hard to get any use out of. It is a thick book and it has a lot of information, but in my opinion, too much!
on 1 November 2014
This book was excellent for a professional upholsterer but beyond amateur expertise. Detail of tools, techniques equipment requirments was really good but there was very few projects showing step-by-step procedures and because of this it was not suitable for my requirements and was returned, albeit with a few hitches, namely method of return, however, everything was resolved ultimately and satisfactorily.
2 people found this helpful
on 8 July 2017
As the title of the book says a complete course. Well elaborated and complete information organized to help the reader discover the world of Upholstery.
on 2 December 2017
Great book for anyone interested
on 7 July 2015
Very detailed book with a good overview of upholstery styles through history.
Recommended by my teacher as a reliable book to reinforce my learning experience.
on 24 June 2016
Great Book, highly recommended.
on 28 December 2013
This is a very well presented book. It has a logical flow and covers all the essential techniques especially for traditional upholstery. I used it alongside a course as I am an absolute beginner.
I have bought other books to compliment it as I found it lacked depth on different furniture types
2 people found this helpful
on 24 October 2017
An informative and interesting book. I look forward to attempting the projects described and illustrated at the back of the book.
on 26 October 2017