on 4 February 2016
This is a very useful introduction to the subject. As a complete novice, after watching the DVD and reading the course notes thoroughly I was able to make a start and am gaining confidence rapidly. It is probably always better to have a good teacher but if you are working alone this may be about as good as it gets.
on 10 February 2013
This book was recommended to me by a master woodturner as a good book to start with. It was for a present for my father and he is loving every aspect of the book. It is giving him advice on what he needs to buy and how to get started. This book has got him really fired up with working with wood.
on 2 January 2014
I was very pleased by the quality of this course which was excellent value for money, and the prompt, efficient delivery service was extremely good. The course is a value for money handy reference on woodturning. I shall recommend and continue to consider use of Amazon in the future.
on 29 January 2014
My brother had a wood turner and I am once again the best big sister in the world for buying him this book. It covers all the basics which - as a man - he thinks he doesn't need, as well as giving him the skills base to tackle the more ambitious projects his wife has in mind!!
on 6 December 2013
I have just taken up woodturning and was recommended this book as a start to fantastic hobby. This publication is so well set out and its content so easy to follow the beginner cannot fail to go wrong. Fantastic book and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
on 12 January 2014
Until you actually turn a piece of wood, it remains a book on someone else's experience and ideas. Once you do, the advice makes far more sense. However, don't restrict yourself to one book, read several. This one is a good one to have on your shelf!
on 4 May 2015
Excellent book which covers everything and really tackles "how to", by far the clearest explanation

Also shows how to make at home things to help your wood turning you might assume from catalogs you have to buy
on 1 February 2014
My husband wanted to know more about wood carving and is wanting to buy a lathe, he is already great with wood so wanted another bow in his out, he sat and read some of the book and said he was very pleased, so I am very pleased
on 8 July 2012
If you are new to wood turning and want to learn more then look no further than Keith Rowley. Everything you need to know in one publication with great projects to get you started. A must have woodturning book for your shelf!!!!
on 18 February 2013
A very informative course for someone starting out, as I am. I look forward to producing much more in the future than the pile of shavings I currently have. This Book contains so much more than the DVD I bought first.