on 19 March 2001
Janet Granger has hit the spot with a beautiful and extensive range of needlepoint charts. The illustrations of each of her carpets are very clear. Anyone who is interested in working in miniture would find this book a useful addition to their collection.There is a diverse selection of charts which have easy to follow instructions with them. She includes a veriety of accesories to match and compliment her carpets. My Dolls house proudly boasts a very luxurios stair carpet in wool that was made using one of her charts. It is something that I have had emence pleasure in making and that people who have seen it have admired.A huge hit with me and a must for anyone who enjoys miniture work.
on 4 July 2012
I can't see the point in buying this book. I bought it believing that I could make some carpets for my dolls house. When I received the book, I liked several carpets and was eager to start. On closer inspection of the carpet I was going to start with, I couldn't find a list of materials I would need. I contacted the author and was told that there is no list of materials for any of the carpets in the book, and that the best thing I could do would be to buy a carpet kit which would have all the materials needed with it. If you want to make any of the carpets in the book, then you have to guess how much thread you will need, but the author does advise that you buy all the thread at the same time to make sure you will get the same dye numbers if you need to buy more than one skein of the same colour. How are you supposed to do that if there is no list of amounts of thread needed.
Verdict: A complete waste of money and the kits are very expensive.
on 22 September 2007
Fantastically clear designs on 18hpi canvas intended for dolls' houses. By scaling up to 10 or 12 hpi canvas many of these designs can be used for cushions or wall hangings. Beautiful and useful book.
on 20 May 2014
I have made a number of the designs, including the one on the cover. Although it took a long time it was not too difficult, and I changed some of the colours, and also the size of the canvas. Although the writer does not give a list of things you need, including quantities of thread, I think the assumption is that the reader is an experienced stitcher, who can estimate these, and also make changes in colours and sizes. None of the designs needs more than one skein of any one colour.
on 16 March 2010
Nice little book with traditional pattern styles. Nothing too modern and nothing too difficult. If you like working on a small scale this is a nice purchase.
on 7 December 2011
LIBRO BASTANTE DETERIORADO Y LLENO DE SELLOS DE IMPRENTA, NO COMO SE INDICA EN EL ANUNCIO "BUENA CONDICION". NO ESTOY SATISFECHA CON LA COMPRA.
on 14 January 2015