Format: Sheet music|Change

on 19 March 2012
The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music theory textbooks (Vols 1 and 2) are indispensible for those learning music theory - and music in general. Used with the ABRSM exercise books, they are very effective - whatever instrument one plays - including the 'human instrument' - singing.
on 20 June 2010
Purchased this book for my daughter. It is very "user-friendly"; my daughter has enjoyed working her way through it and learnt a great deal about the theory of music.
An excellent book which I highly recommend.
on 11 May 2013
I bought this book for my husband who late in life decided to fulfil his ambition of learning to play the piano. He was very impressed with it. He found it easy to read, easy to understand and extremely helpful. Strongly recommended. All in all a very good buy.
on 22 February 2014
Music Theory in practise - just a theory learning book done by ABRSM, reasonably challenging. Not much to say, just as expected
on 28 October 2015
These books have helped me come on in keaps and bounds with my music theory. They are very eAsy to understand. I have had some theory books thT have been very complicated to understand. This is easy and ro the point. Would definately recommend buying these books if you need help with music theory. It doesnt matter what instrument you play as this is just generalised for everyone.
on 5 July 2013
my son is learning flute and this is the essential guide for him to practice and understand some music theory
on 30 July 2014
I have now completed this book and the 2nd one. I find the exercises quite dull, especially when you have to copy out bars of music but I have learnt so much from just the first two books! It's amazing! I keep surprising myself by knowing the answers to the questions. The books are also good to look back through if you forget something. I have used the grade one book a lot of times whilst completing the grade two book. I think although you don't realise it you do learn quite a lot from these books. I would recommend them to people who enjoy theory and especially to those who don't because although it doesn't get any more enjoyable, actually playing the music and doing exams will be a lot easier!
on 19 November 2015
Packaged and distributed quickly. Daughter now working on ABRSM Grade 4 so hoping to get going with the Theory now as started too late for our older daughter and now going through it after Grade 5. Worth getting musicians to learn this stuff to broaden their musicianship skills. Not enough Music teachers encourage it while going through the practical grades.
on 5 April 2014
I bought this book as it was recommended by my music teacher but I did struggle as I didn't find it easy to follow - I doubnt you could teach yourself using this book
on 30 September 2011
This book contains excellent exercises to practice what you have studied from the "Music theory book, by Eric Taylor", and along with its model answers (separate book) it is very useful, and effective for anyone who would like to study alone music, or enter ABRSM exams. Its so easy to use. The most thing i liked about the book is that its very well-organized, such that Every exercise has a title written above it indicating the name and no. of chapter that explains that specific part of the theory in the Eric tyler book "AB guide to music theory grade 1-5" so u can easily go to that chapter if you need to remember and know something. I strongly recommend that book along with its model answers (the model answers is a separate book).