on 7 May 2017
An excellent book of excerpts from primary sources, arranged in chronological order. It has a good balance of news articles, memoirs, letters etc., and includes items from both sides of the conflict. I ordered it as background reading for a play I am in and am enjoying sharing tidbits with others in the cast.
on 30 September 2017
excellent condition and great book
on 18 October 2015
Very useful
on 9 June 2013
I am writing a novel set to the backdrop of the Suffragette Movement and I found this book invaluable as a reference book. I think this is where it's value lies. It is a wonderful blend of the anecdotal and historical masterfully pieced together and if my novel ever gets published I shall ensure it is listed.
on 18 October 2017
Just as expected
on 17 October 2014
I used this book for research and found it answered most of the questions I had about suffragettes.
on 6 September 2015
Very useful anthology of writing on the suffrage movement
on 9 November 2006
I am very interested in the suffragette movement but I found this book rather dry and tedious. It is simply a collection of letters and articles, one after the other, with very little background, biography or inciteful comment.
55 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 May 2010
i love history and my interest has over the last few months moved to the suffragette movement and womens history. great book
on 25 November 2011
Fantastic book, brilliant writtin , some very good and intresting facts , awesome as well
but then again am her Son so would say that wouldnt i, but it Is agood book