Customer reviews

on 10 January 2017
This book is beautifully illustrated.....I bought it for me and it is inspiring.
on 11 February 2016
I purchased this nice colourful book for my grandaughter as she loves unicorns,shes 4,so when she opened her prezzie xmas she was over the moon😊
on 19 April 2015
The most beautiful children's book I ever read to my girls! It explains why we no longer see unicorns, but how they live on with us, it's actually quite a tear jerker at the end. This arrived in good condition and in very good time.
on 22 July 2016
Beautiful story.
on 28 November 2000
This is a truly beautiful picture book. I originally borrowed it from the library but my son and I got so attached to it that I am buying it now in hardcover. It tells of how the unicorns literally missed the boat , because they helped other animals, and how they got rewarded and transformed. Although the book has a happy ending of sorts I cannot read it aloud without a lump in my throat. Like the unicorns, this book is a rare beast indeed: Lyrical language is matched by beautiful illustrations and a profound message. It would make a great gift for a child that you care about.
on 25 November 2003
This is a gorgeous book, telling of how when Noah was calling all the animals into the ark, the unicorns were too late, and were left behind. They had stopped to help other animals along the way, and as a result, missed the boat. But thankfully, God had seen the way they had helped the butterfly, and the deer, the monkey and the tortoise, and had transformed them into the little white horses which ride on the crest of every wave, forever beautiful, forever free. In some ways it is a sad story, and when you read the ending you do feel a lump in your throat, but don't let that deprive you of reading this beautiful book.