on 5 February 2017
My son is two and loves this book, I love it too, its like it was written for our family, everything that says in the book suits what we do at home! made him excited about becoming a big brother and I think he understands better what is coming... Will see in a couple of days as my due date is around the corner!!
on 24 May 2015
We bought this a number of years ago when we were expecting our second child. We read it to our then 2 year old daughter and we found it to be a very good way of explaining to her that she was about to get a new sibling. We enjoyed this book so much that we recently bought it again for some friends of ours (our copy was very worn through excessive reading) who are also expecting their second baby soon.
on 23 September 2016
I bought several books on this theme but My two and a half year old daughter found this story the most helpful. In fact she still talks about mummy's house in her tummy. I'm not sure if I can credit the book entirely however I was very worried about how she would react to her new brother but so far she has been brilliant
on 22 January 2016
This book is great. I read it to my 3 year old to get her used to the idea of a new baby and to help to explain why mommy was getting a big tummy! She really enjoyed the story and so did we. I got a little emotional the first few times I read it but I blame the pregnancy hormones! My daughter still enjoys this book even though mommys tummy is no longer a house and her baby brother has arrived
on 11 October 2017
Great book, good condition, arrived quickly. Great conversation starter getting my 2.5 year old used to the idea of his upcoming sibling! Recommended by nursery, my son enjoys reading it! Thanks!
on 3 October 2017
Very good book to help introduce a new baby to your current child. The mummy in the story has one baby- the only downside in my personal situation as I am expecting twins.
on 21 January 2014
I bought this for my 7 year old son as I am sick of taking it out of the library! He loves lions and this book is a lovely tale of a lion who didn't want to be like the others. The narrative is a easy poem and as he struggles with his reading he finds it easy to read as it flows so well.

It is a really lovely book to snuggle at bedtime with, even my 9 year old likes it although I doubt he would admit it to his friends!
VINE VOICETOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 January 2015
My kids love this book. The rhymes bounce along nicely and there are different underwater animals on each page so they enjoy coming across their favourites. On each page are three tiny starfish who are hiding in a different place each time and my kids love to spot those two. The illustrations are lighthearted and in bold, bright colours.
on 3 January 2015
Created a good talking point with my 2yr old when I was expecting his little brother. Nice rhyming verse and lovely colourful pictures. My one criticism is the ick-factor provided by a line on the second to last page (the 'door' to the 'baby house' is described as being 'rather tight'), which I learnt to side step by changing the words.
on 18 November 2016
Brilliant book for my little girl to get her used to the new arrival. Loves reading it with him now.