Customer reviews

BCS Improving Productivity Using IT Level 2: Level 2 (Ecdl Syllabus 50)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 November 2009
The CIA guides are clearly laid out with accurate and concise information directly aimed at getting you throuth the ECDL exams. Though slightly unimaginative in their presentation they do what they need to and cover all the necessary parts of the syllabus. I have 3 of the series, Security for IT (Level 1), IT Fundamentals (Level 1) and Improving Productivity Using IT (Level 2). All three books are to the same standard and I have posted this same review for each.

The other modules in ECDL are equally well covered in any version 4.5 syllabus book as they are extremely similar to the new v5 syllabus. Only the 3 units of Security, Fundamentals and Productivity cover new ground. If you want a basic text book that covers most of the current syllabus then the following is excellent:

Pass ECDL4: Using Microsoft Office 2003: Modules 1-7, Revised Edition (Payne-Gallway Pass ECDL. I teach ECDL and the book is excellent.

One important point...the difficulty at the moment in choosing which book to get depends upon which version of MS Office you are using. Many ECDL text books are specific to one version or another so be careful you are choosing the right one (E.g. Office 2003 or 2007, maybe Office 2010 next, who knows?).

The advantage of these 3 CIA Training booklets is that they cover the syllabus without referring specifically to one version of Office or another.
on 10 August 2011
A most useful 'dipping in' book if you're doing your ECDL Extra (Level 2) course. Some good ideas and helpful revision at the end of each section to help with the final module, although start reading well before you get there! A lot thinner than the other ECDL Extra module books so will fall apart with too much use - that's what Sellotape was invented for after all! Small print may cause problems if you struggle with your eyesight. Overall well worth the price.
on 26 November 2009
I have used CiA Training materials before and am always impressed by the easy to follow instructions.
I wholly recommend this book if your are studying for BCS Level 2 IT certification.
on 14 August 2013
This book arrived on time and packaged well. Using this book, I took and passed my ECDL 2 which enabled me to get my new job. Highly recommended for computer knowledge
on 27 February 2014
Arrived on time. Ideal for the required course. It helped me with my studies. It is ideal for students who need to take exams in th above subject
on 9 January 2013
This book was needed to help me complete my studies which I am undertaking the moment to pass my level 2 ecdl course
on 1 April 2016
Not sure if has more to do with the course I was on but this book seemed to bear no relevance to what we did in the classroom.
on 23 July 2016
I needed a book which met the Improving Productivity from the Schools syllabus. This one does not.
on 19 January 2015
okay but not much in it. Only bought as part of course syllabus.
on 29 March 2015