on 12 October 2005
I found this book to be truly inspirational!

I don't find it particuarly easy to read a book from cover to cover but with "Run baby run" I just couldn't put it down. I would find myself at all different times in the day just glued to it!

Nicky Cruz's conversion is truly an amazing one. It truly is very encouraging and demonstrates the need of having a true conversion i.e. having the power to live a christian life etc.

I would give this 10/10, it definately exceeded expectations.

Check out "The Cross and the Switchblade" for the perspective of David Wilkerson - the minister who was instrumental in Nicky Cruz's turnaround. This is incredible too!
The first half of Nicky Cruz's harrowing personal account of growing up as a feared New York gang leader will not seem a typical testimony of finding God, nor should it. It is violent, graphic, as gritty and real as they come and at times even hard to read in it's intensity. It will entertain even fans of gangster films: images from certain passages of this book have stayed with me since my childhood when I first read them. But all the more powerful comes the message of the latter of the book as Cruz reforms his life through a chance encounter with a preacher. This may seem a 'typical' ending for a religious book, but his journey to that point is a revelation in Christian literature, and should not be overlooked by any means. An incredible account, and a great book.
on 12 December 2004
Cruz, in his own words, doesn't pull punches. He didn't when he was the president of the most feared street gang in Brooklyn back in the 60s, and he doesn't now that he's given his life to Christ and works as an evangelist amongst broken people.
He doesn't want you to read this book to be entertained; it's not even really meant as an "encouraging" book. It's a book that glorifies God through its honest account of how he and his fellow ministers let God work powerfully through him. The idea is to read it and change your life by the conviction of God's Spirit within you.
on 3 February 2002
This is one of my all-time top reads.
For anyone, the story is amazing. For anyone, who now feels depressed or that they are on the wrong road - this book shows that there is hope.
That it is true, and that Nicky's conversion remains true today make this book really amazing.
He was a thug and he is now a priest. Read the story and you will find inspiration beyond belief.
Buy it now - you will not regret it...
on 6 January 2002
This book has been a source of inspiration to me time and time again. When I think I'm having a tough time, I read this book and it puts everything in perspective. It has taught me that God is incredible, He can do anything, and through Him, WE can do anything. He has the ability to change everyone and he can change you today. If you don't believe me, read about Nicky Cruz. If God can change him, God can change all of us.
on 9 April 2016
Only received this today and can't put it down!!! Compelling reading! I met Nicky many years ago and hard to believe the polite, friendly, diminutive gentleman I met is the same person who did all these things and was leader of such a notorious gang. As a Christian I know how good God is and know people change despite their background. I've wanted to read this book for many years and only just got round to doing so. I recently watched the cross and the switchblade and so naturally wanted to read the book behind Nicky's life! For Christians and non- Christians alike this book is well worth a read!! ☺️
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 January 2015
I've often heard about Nicky Cruz and decided to read his story. This book pulls no punches when it talks of the things which he was involved in. The conversion to Christ, also talked about, was a huge miracle.

The open and honest story covers the gang years; David Wilkerson's brave approach, then records Nicky's reaction and subsequent conversion.

This reads as an honest account of what Christ can do with a broken heart; changing Nicky into the most compassionate man. It has been a privilege to read his story.
on 29 May 2015
Excellent read.....everyone should have a copy. I sent this to my Aunty she is very pleased I did... Nicky Cruz has an amazing story and if he ever comes back to England I will go and listen again and would recommend to others.
on 19 July 2004
Nicky Cruz honset and readable style makes you rethink how you view life and the Christian faith. One minute this book will have you crying your eye out and the next minute amazed at God forgiving power. This book will challenge you views and take you in to whole different enviroment. A very worthwhile read.
on 23 October 2014
Fantastic testimony of Nicky Cruz, notorious gang leader. I read this book a number of times as a youth and have passed copies on to a number of people as a source of encouragement and a testimony of what Jesus can do to the hardest of hearts.