Format: Board book|Change

on 10 November 2013
I was looking for a simple, colourful book to introduce the nativity story to my 3 and 5 year old and this fits the bill.
As other reviewers mention, it is very small, but I like that it is a sturdy boardbook. The wording is simple and the pictures are appealing.
They are enjoying reading the book together especially as they will be in a school nativity this year.
on 18 February 2013
This book lived up for the most part to the reviews. It is beautifully illustrated and tells the christmas story in a simple way.

The instructions for making the figures are easy to follow even for a beginner. However they were much smaller than I anticipated and are rather fiddly to make. The end result is good but is not for the impatient, in a hurry person!

A lovely quality book.
on 27 January 2014
The children in my Nursery Class loved this book to the extent that one is still taking it home daily now .... at the end of January ! The story is simple and the illustrations accessible. The fact that the book is very small appealed to them as well. A good buy.
on 18 February 2013
Sweet, little rendition of the nativity story with endearing illustrations. My 3 year old loves this book and still asks to read this -- three months after Xmas!
on 31 December 2014
I was looking for a very simple story for children aged 3-4 for the nursery where I work. This is very good. The size of the book and the fact that it is cardboard also makes it easy for children to use independently.
on 16 November 2012
This book is good value and a good starter for little ones to understand the real meaning of Christmas, my 3 year old boy enjoyed it however the book is very small.
on 7 January 2014
A VERY simple introduction to the nativity story. The text could have been a little more ambitious, and maybe some sort of a conclusion should have been reached - as it stands, it's just a sequence of events suddenly ending on the last page when the 3 kings turn up in Bethlehem. Nice pictures, though.
on 19 November 2014
I bought this for my 3 year old daughter and was surprised at how small the bkok was when it arrived. The pictures don't really show the star they followed and even my daughter asked why Jesus was a baby when the shepherds visit to to rroughly a two year old when the 3 wise men arrive!
on 30 December 2013
The book is perfect and will be brought out for the grandchildren for many Christmases to come . We placed it by our little Nativity set and it kept our grandaughter amused for hours.
on 14 January 2014
This is a very simple but nice story of the Nativity. The quality is great and the book is very sturdy (I purchased the board book). Great for little hands.