Customer reviews

Toddy: The Colin Todd Story
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 29 August 2011
To be fair to Todd he clearly states that he will not name names or make individual comments early on in this book. But I ask why bother if that is the case, I can read practically, all that he written, from match reports. I want,and indeed, expect more from an autobiography. Still at least it was only 99p, about 90p too much.
on 12 June 2013
A good all round read ! Just enough info on colins professional life and his personal life as well. It sums all areas up nicely.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 December 2014
Delivered as promised
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 July 2011
I had initial looked forward to reading about Colin Todd's career and being a Bolton Wanderers fan, was especially interested in that part of the book. All I can say is this is a very short and disappointing read. I cannot comment too much on his history at the other clubs, but the BWFC section is littered with mistakes and in my opinion some glaring omissions. Mistakes such as spelling players names wrong (John McGinley instead of John McGinlay, Mark Lee instead of David Lee, Michael Johnson (I know we lacked pace, but we didn't sign him!) instead of Michael Johansen. I was also very surprised to read that Colin's only mention of our joint post war record goal scorer in a season (Andy Walker) was that he had left the club!

If you want to know the real basics (of which a number are factually incorrect), then this book is for you. If you want any insight into Colin or a bit more information on his career, don't bother.
on 26 July 2011
There could have been so much more in here. The stories of playing for England and a great derby county team could have filled the book. However the story reveals a class professional who prides himself on giving his all. A true insight in to what professional football was all about. It will not resonate with those who have gown up supporting the top premiership teams in the twenty first century. Though mrs Todd steals the show with her last chapter.