on 11 June 2009
Just the ticket! Sounds old fashioned but Haynes delivers again a very useful guide to everything you wanted to know about washing machines.
From the specific working part what it does how to check test and replace drive belts, water inlet valves etc its all in this book.
Pressure switches ,fuzzy logic, fault error and config codes, well illustrated with over 59 different types of washing machine refered to it is the ideal reference/working manual you will come across.
Workings and mechanical details relating to removal and refit of a door seal and the different types is just one example.
Component identification and common faults with specific parts that may require replacement is all discribed 'In Plain Language'!!
A very resourceful book that I know I will use time and time again!!
on 24 May 2001
They're one of the most indespinsible items in the house. And when they go wrong, you just want it fixed. And quick. You could always call a repairer to come in and fix it, but with that flat fee call out, plus labour and parts, it starts to look really pricey. Even the smallest of fixes can cost lots. The temptation might be even to go out and buy a new machine.
However, with the aid of this book, you should be able to get your dodgy machine up and running, and keep it running, with some simple prevantative maintenance.
Only last week I changed the door seal - the part cost 12 quid, and took an 20 minutes of my time, thanks to the aid of this book. A repairer wanted 30 quid call out, and an hours labour - another 40 quid - plus parts. And VAT. Not much change from a hundred quid.
If you've ever felt cheated by repairers, or have an oldish machine, then get a copy of this book - as a reference it's excellent. Most minor repairs are easily achieved with the skills of most people. If you can work a microwave, schedule a video or change a nappy, then changing the brushes or seals should be a doddle.
A really good book. Get yourself a copy before you need it or use Amazon's express delivery!
on 28 February 2005
I bought this book about 4 years ago and went on to become a washing machine engineer. This book was extremely helpful as far as manuals go. Of course you have to really have to attempt the repairs to really see the beneifits...saving you money, or in my case earning me some!
Thanks Graham, an exceptional publication, well done!
on 17 July 2009
the washing machine manual made it so easy to find a fault and repair it,
[it dos not matter what make it is]
on 16 April 2015
I am a self taught domestic appliance engineer and bought this book to see if it could expand my knowledge. Unfortunately it didn't. I am not saying that it is useless though. If I had this book many years ago, I would have been a WM guru some time ago. It is very informative for anybody wanting to start a career in this field for sure. Or for, as I once was, the layman wanting to save money instead of paying for people like me to fix it!
However, I insist that you do not buy this book so that you can pay somebody like me to to drink your tea, whilst chatting up your wife and leaving with a heavier wallet, and on the odd occasion, with a smug smile. Only joking. But I met my current and, I hope, last girlfriend after being asked to remove her 16 year old Daughter's white thong, from the machine pump! Although we only found that out after I dissected the pump!
on 31 May 2003
A disappointing manual given the usual standard of Haynes publications, this book is only just up to par. Thirty pages cover material so basic (how to wire a plug and the layout of a flow chart for example - which is hardly essential reading for anyone prepared to take on the repair of a washing machine) go by before it gets to the meat of the subject. Overall, it is poorly laid out and illogical in its structure. But if you really need to know what goes on inside a washing machine (or a plug) and you're prepared to stick with it, this book does contain most of what you'll need. An alphabetic index would help!
on 8 May 2014
my son wanted this book which I ordered for him , he found it very useful .as it explains and gives a lot of information too.
with diagrams ,of how the machine works ,
the price was fair, delivered on time , and well wrapped.
on 7 May 2012
I ordered this product some weeks ago and to be honest i think this book would be great for anyone who wanted to repair there washing machine. There is only one small problem with this book, (I HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT YET) and have grown a beard waiting for it .I guess i am lucky that my machine is working ok and only want it for future referance.In this book there are photos and helpfull hints on repairing your washing machine step by step.There are beautifull colour pictures of washing machine parts .It has a lovely orange cover with a washing machine on it.I think the person who gets their hands on this book is a very lucky chappie indeed.He will be able to repair his own washing machine and other peoples.In fact he will be the only person to have the book and mend washing machines . good luck
on 25 April 2012
This is a good book if you have basic electrical and mechanical aptitude. It teaches you how the machine works and then how to test each component until you find the fault. I repaired our dishwasher in one evening as it was simply a loose connection but I would not have discovered it without following this book. A great reference book for your library.
on 4 July 2014