on 15 October 2014
Just right for the beginner. Illustrations are fantastic and very helpful if (like me) you are novice. Mentors have told me not to rely overly on the guidance enclosed, better to Google and use spirit guide.

I used the item as above and each time given spookily accurate readings - amazing
on 12 June 2017
Flimsy feeling , I prefer a better quality card , also didn't like the artwork felt a bit like medieval times and some were creepy and haunting, returned for a refund in the end as couldn't work with them.
on 26 July 2017
Just what I needed.
on 5 April 2017
Very nice item
VINE VOICEon 2 June 2007
Having just bought my first pack of tarot cards from the same author (Sharman-Casselli deck and book set), I couldn't wait to enhance my understanding of the tarot with this book. However, my excitement quickly turned to disappointment when I received this book. For each card in the deck, you get one page with a few lines (I mean literally about 4 or 5 lines) of interpretation for that card plus some rather meaningless statements from real students of hers in wihch they describe which evens in their lives that card makes them remember. On the opposite page to the card, you get a black and white copy of it for you to colour in yourself with colours of your own choosing and then you are told to engage in some free association. Although I am only a beginner, I have already read a few books on the tarot and I can honestly say, this book did not teach me one single thing I didn't already know.

This was a real disappointment and I wouldn't recommend. It's a real shame as I have bought her card and booklet set which was utterly fantastic. The deck is exquisite and so easy to connect to, even for a beginner and the 192 page 'booklet' that comes wiht it, is in depth, informative and contains a whole two page spread for each card. It offers examples of spreads and sample readings which were most interesting. If you already own this card and book set, you definitely do not need this separate workbook. I don't think it is anything more than a colouring book.
on 20 November 2016
I love these tarot cards. The images really resonate and the quality is very good. Not all that impressed with the tiny guidebook. Kind of set it aside and trusted to my own inner guidance. I think you'd do better to get her official book along with these. But please do get these. They have completely transformed my readings.
on 20 December 2014
This deck is heavily based on the Rider Tarot but with the finer art that modern printing allows. Each card is true to the symbolism of the original card designed by Waite and Smith but isn't a mere recolouring like decks such as the Universal Waite.

Although this deck is aimed at beginners, it is perfect for experienced readers alike. The meanings are clear but the symbolism of the Rider is preserved, allowing for deeper reflections of the mystery that is the Tarot. After the original Rider, this is my favourite deck.
on 19 April 2007
The Sharman-Caselli deck is one of my favourites, and when this workbook was published, I expected a practical follow-up to Juliet Sharman-Bourke's Beginner's Guide to Tarot (card + book set) with plenty of exercises based on her cards. As a Tarot teacher I'm always on the lookout for different ways of teaching Tarot, however, when I received this book I felt that there was not much new offered here.

The idea of this book is to help Tarot students develop a deeper and more personal understanding of the cards. For each card you find a black-and white image printed separately on a journaling page, on which you can record your own meanings. You can copy these pages and colour in the cards yourself. This is actually a nice touch - a good and practical way to familiarise yourself with colour meanings and symbology as well as the image itself.

In addition to the brief description of each card, personal accounts of Tarot students are included, which offer further insight and another way of stimulating your own personal ideas about the card meanings. Basically, it's about relating each card to your events in your own life or that of family or friends, a method, which has been much better covered by Mary K. Greer and Joan Bunning.

Towards the end of the book, there is an interesting suggestion about `creative interpretation' of the cards. You do this by pulling three cards and tell a story with them - a great idea for people who enjoy creative writing and wish to develop that skill.

There are some interesting spreads explained (including the famous `Celtic Cross') and presented on journal-style pages, which can be copied and for you to fill in.

Overall, for fans of the Sharman-Caselli deck, this may well be worth buying, but really you don't need this book if you already possess one of these: 'Learning the Tarot' (Joan Bunning) or '21 Ways to read a Tarot Card' (Mary K. Greer).
on 1 August 2010
This deck is geared for the new tarot reader but don't let that put you off. I have read the tarot for years yet something about this deck attracted me enough to buy it. I am pleased I bought it, it didn't disappoint at all. The artwork is along the lines of the Rider Waite but better and the colouring on each card is soft and subtle, although vibrant at the same time. The energy of the deck is very gentle and I find reading with these cards a joy and I love them.
on 28 April 2016
My very first deck, I fell in love with and there's nothing quite like it, even after all these years. Beautiful art and colours, proper material and size. No info other than what each card is, both number and suite written in letters (no numbers on the Major Arcana by the way).