on 21 June 2017
quite a helpful book in terms of the photographs for the basic positions and some helpful commentary, not a heady book as often
the Alexandra technique can be quite intellectual , but useful for understanding the concepts involved.
on 27 April 2016
The book is quite interesting with an overview of the Alexander Technique, however there was too much emphasis on various sporting activities, pregnancy and children. I wanted more about how to move, bend and reach when doing normal everyday activities and this did not give it to me.
on 17 October 2017
A very comprehensive account of the Alexander Technique, in good condition.
on 28 November 2013
Recommended by my AT teacher, this manual is easy to read and has helped me gain a good understanding of the theory behind the AT. Will definitely continue to refer to it between lessons to reinforce what I've learnt from my teacher.
2 people found this helpful
on 14 October 2017
VERY USEFULL
on 26 July 2013
I bought this book to compliment my Alexander lessons as a beginner. It really has been an excellent suppliment. It is attractively presented and written in easy to understand terms covering a huge range of topics relating to everyday life.
on 8 August 2013
This book is excellent and has been lent out to other friends who suffer with back problems - it tells you everything about lifting carrying and going about your daily business. A must have for people with back probs -
on 30 October 2015
Didn't find this book very useful. Lack of illustrations and lack of exercises.
on 18 February 2010
A very good book. Easy to understand with excellent pictures for guidance.

I'm learning Alexander Technique and have shown this book to my teacher.
She's looked at it and is getting a copy for herself.
4 people found this helpful
on 26 October 2014
An excellent book if you want to follow the Alexander Technique, easy to follow and to dip into now and again. Recommended by my Alexander teacher.