Customer reviews

The Druid Animal Oracle (illustrated book and deck)
Format: Hardcover|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 26 April 2014
This was a gift to myself just because I liked the look of it. The cards are beautifully illustrated, the accompanying book was very easy to understand and the overall impression of both items in their box was one of quality. I found that the illustrations used for these cards felt more relevant to me than some other packs and therefore trying to interpret them was not so much 'hard work' as a real pleasure.

I would definitely recommend the cards and the book to anyone interested in Oracles and/or beautiful illustrations.
on 1 September 2017
Nice product, copy I got seemed unused. Brilliant seller.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 November 2017
Can't tell you how beautiful these are!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 June 2002
These cards revere animals and what animal lover wouldn't appreciate that!??! The artwork on these cards is absolutely beautiful!!! Every card is a pleasure to look at. The accompanying book is wonderful, it offers insights into the world of the Celts and Druids and tells of some of the history behind the Celtic people. Like the Native Americans, Druids regarded animals as protectors, spirit guides and guardians. Each card is explained fully and the book tells why each animal was special/sacred to the Druids and what the animals were consulted or used for. The Druid Animal Oracle is made up of 33 cards, a Hardcover 176 Page book and comes with a Divination cloth. A truly amazing set of cards to own and one I am proud to have.
on 8 July 2017
A beautiful set of cards and book. Really like the way there are three blank cards which you can assign to other animals not already in the deck. The only thing I would say is I bought the hardback edition but the way it is described is very deceiving and implies you have to buy the cards separately which I did but when the book arrived the cards came with it and I have ended up with two sets of cards.
on 2 July 2010
A wonderful and enchanting deck of cards. The art work and attention to detail on the cards is beautiful, so much so, half of me just wanted to get some picture frames and have them dotted about the house rather than use them for their proper purpose. This being?
Well, the cards are said to "draw wisdom from the wellspring of ancient Celtic tradition, and from it you can receive healing, strength and guidance for you own life journey".

I have to say I have used them on several occasions, especially on meditating or at times where guidance is needed. Whilst this has not been as much as say, the runes that I use, I have found them useful at the times when I have been 'drawn' to them. Pulling out a card, I have found the description of the animal powers useful in helping me understand what qualities I need to focus on at that time.

Accompanying the deck is a concise booklet that describes each animal keywords. For example: The Otter's keywords being 'joy, play, helpfulness'. Following on from this, the meaning of each card is provided in addition to its' reverse meaning. The booklet also gives us a brief description on how to use the cards and provides the reader with a few spread examples. The booklet IS basic and does provide just the bare minimum details which is my only criticism.

Overall a lovely deck of cards that are magical and enchanting both to look at and to use.
on 22 August 2010
I've just purchased these cards and can honestly say that they're one of the most beautiful sets I've seen and I possess quite a number of different sets of cards.

The cards themselves are beautifully illustrated and have a lovely energy with them. The accompanying book is excellent, not only does it contain information regarding the reading of the cards it gives in depth information explaining each animal's place in traditions and folklore.

A beautiful and fascinating set.
on 28 November 2010
Very instructive book beginning by a clear introduction to druidism and providing a symbolic understanding of each animals put into perspective in one or more concise celtic legends. It might be worth knowing that the deck cards are included, you don't need to purchase them separatly. Nearly all the animals are a familiar part of British wildlife except the presence of four extraordinary animals, the dragons of the four elements, a lucky inclusion in my opinion. The good size cards are beautifully painted and full of symbolism and make you want to keep looking at them on your bedsite table. They will also make you like the animals that wouldn't necessarly have inspired you at first sight.
on 24 August 2016
Love these card. Bought the slightly more expensive hardback version. You get the hardback book, the cards and a cloth to lay them out on. Would recommend. :)
on 11 May 2015
It is very good for a one card draw to see what energy you can expect in your life that day. The art work is beautiful and the casting cloth is very good quality. Highly recommended to anyone on a Druid or Shamanic path.