Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Exclusive playlist - Elton John Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Leather Bound|Change

on 5 June 2012
This is a fantastic reference book with really simple, but effective, tips for improving your typographic skills. I don't actually make my living in publishing, but I am finding it ideal for ensuring that my presentations are using the very best fonts depending on the circumstances.
I love it !
on 12 June 2014
Undoubtedly a beautifully presented book, but as a few other reviewers have pointed out, it's very, very basic in content. I would actually say most of it is just common sense. If you need someone to tell you that leading is important, or you don't understand the difference between kerning and tracking, then you might learn something, but this is not a book you need if you are remotely serious or knowledgeable about typography. I got misled by the enthusiastic reviews, but now wish I'd saved my money!
on 9 May 2012
Definitely a book that's size and design lends itself to being kept close to hand. It's well structured and easy to absorb the information. A big plus is that it shows you what are 'bad' examples, as well as 'good' so that you can see the contrast for yourself. A pleasure to use. It looks good and feels expensive.
on 29 April 2012
this is a clean and lean publication that succinctly introduces both the
layman and typography practitioner to the subject. ideal for a novice,
equally learned enough for a student studying the subject.
highly recommended, beatifully produced - neat!!

on 16 September 2013
Well, the look and feel of this book is just gorgeous! I could have easily just purchased this book just by how it appears. But I also bought it for the useful content inside! It's a pretty good read and can help with developing your typography skills. I would recommend this if you have a basic knowledge of typography already, although it isn't took difficult to get a hang of the terminology. I'm very happy with my purchase!
on 21 May 2014
A handsome book that is one part primer and one part reference. This is an excellent place to start if you are new to the subject, but I found it to be a surprisingly quick and shallow read. The reference section isn't the most in-depth or easy to browse either.

Great for what it is, but you can give it a miss if you're already up to speed on the basics.
on 21 September 2012
The book is a good introduction to typography. Nice examples and the book itself is an extraordinary editorial work. Very happy with it.
on 22 September 2015
brilliant book for any designer, especially for typographers. This book was written by my lecturer at university. It will tell you in great detail the do's and don'ts of setting type and all you need to know about typography.
on 26 November 2016
This is an exquisitely crafted book, full of richness, intelligence and class in its content and its styling (I love the Moleskine-sketchbook-inspired cover and paper quality). The use of just red and black type is attractive and helps with readability, breaking up the content in a simple, effective way. I work in design but learned a lot of new information about typography and the necessary attention to detail which will hopefully ensure a truly polished, clear outcome in more of my future design work. This book is a joy to behold, in all senses.
on 9 May 2012
As a design student i feed off all knowledge i can find, and whilst admiring however knowing very little about typography i bought this book to learn and understand more about type. Whilst being in my graduating year and designing my final portfolio to take to London Fashion Week i took into consideration the type face i would be using would create a branding throughout it, after reading through this book and understanding more about type i have found / designed my perfect font this book can give all readers an insight to how beautifully crafted type is a definite worth while book to have and love for all design enthusiasts.