on 21 January 2015
Lovely book at an amazing price. I really enjoy looking at beautiful rooms and houses so I have a few of these type of books and subscribe to Homes and Gardens. I like classical type rooms. Of course these are all houses of the rich so it is a case of adapting what they do to your house. So I have shutters on my bay windows and want eventually to have fitted cupboards either side of my fireplace so I can store things without having to see them (CDs and DVDs etc which to my mind are ugly). Also in these books hardly anyone has a telly! I think they are ugly too - all those wires collecting dust. Again I want mine shut away when I am not using it so it looks tidy. It's going to take a few years to get my flat how I want it.
VINE VOICEon 26 June 2009
The date is June 2009 and this book is highly up to date. Lots of very contemporary homes mainly designed by architects and interior designers with good examples of up to the minute ideas. The best thing about this book is the large number of photos with not too much written detail. Just enough so that you know the location and interesting architectural and design features. Since reading this book in June I have refurbished a Victorian House - I referred to this book constantly and although many of the products used in the book are high end luxurious I found that it raised the bar for me and I now have a really fabulous home.
on 18 November 2010
Very attractive books with lots of well taken photos showing off designs and themes of discerning home owners/designers. However the blurb accompanying each home is all too brief. Unfortuntely I found that I did not get a real understanding of each home's theme. In compensation the photos are very well taken and give you plenty of opportunity to think about design aspects to you project no matter or great or small.
on 24 October 2015
A beautiful book!
on 24 February 2013
You'd think it was easy to find lots of images / inspiration for home decor online, but I haven't found that to be the case. I bought this because the author / editor has a great eye for rooms and for detail. I've used it lots and the price was a far better investment than, say, four interior magazines.
on 17 October 2015
I bought several copies of this as presents, over several years. it is excellent - lots of ideas.
on 17 September 2015
Very good
on 23 July 2009
It is difficult to judge how good an interior design book is when you buy on line. I was pleasantly surprised by how good the print quality of the paperback version. The homes featured in the book are modern and wonderfully inspiring to me who look to improve my home. Super Book - this is a must read modern interior book.
on 2 February 2012
I first saw this book at a local garden centre and fell in love with it , but I couldn't afford it . Then I found it on Amazon an awful lot cheaper and decided to treat myself. The quality of the print is excellent and pictures inspirational . And I love the way it gives info on the properties photographed. Has already helped us with ideas for a garden project. I never tire of looking through it .FAB!!!
This book is very thick and in fact would have been perfect with half the pages as it shows a lot of images, some beautiful, others plane. The mix is a bit confusing and draws attention away from the better images shown. I would say: less is more. In the whole a good buy.