Customer reviews

on 7 June 2016
a beautiful childrens book or companion to anyone seeking creative relationship with the elements.
on 17 June 2015
This is a beautiful and heart felt book. It was one of my favourites as a child and recently have been bought it as a gift by my mother to remember years gone. I am still in love with it, almost 20 years later.

The illustrations are gorgeous, bold and moving and the story within is one to remind us that the earth is alive and should be cared for, that human cultures stretch well past our own and yet we all have a link in the elements and their power. I think this is probably what pushed me from such a young age to become an anthropologist interested in the vast human histories and cultures, artist and great lover of all things nature. I would highly recommend this to anyone reading to their children; the illustrations will keep any child entertained and the words are so beautifully written that, like me, they could stay within them for years to come.
on 12 September 2011
This is a lovely book. The story is delightful and the illustrations are beautifully drawn. I would recommend it for teachers and parents alike. We have used it for philosophy lessons in school and the children love it!
on 10 July 2010
What a beautiful book, it's definitely a jewel, a 'must' in any child's libray, really recommend it!!!