on 4 June 2017
A comprehensive travel guide with lots of useful information - recommended!
on 17 November 2015
Took a week to arrive but was excellent value and well worth the wait.
VINE VOICEon 9 January 2008
While Rough Guides are usually quite reliable, I found this one to be both infuriating and outdated. It was written in 2004 I think, so the outdated part is understandable, but the fairly poor maps with incorrectly labelled landmarks (which haven't changed over time) are unforgiveable. I found myself using the maps in my copy of 'Trans-Siberian Handbook' (Trailblazer), which was updated in 2007 and was therefore a lot more reliable, although it only contains about 20 pages on Moscow.

One section which I found particularly poor was the cinema section, as despite hunting down a cinema museum and two english-speaking cinemas, when I arrived at both places I was told by the owners that the museum had never existed and that english films had never been shown at either cinema.

So, don't bother buying this edition, but if Rough Guide bring out a new edition in the near future, it will more than likely be a worthwhile purchase.
on 17 November 2012
The guidebook is very good and I can definately recommend it - provides good directions and excellent maps. It was very useful for my stay in Moscow.
It needs some update - e.g. now there is Aeroexpress from Sheremetyevo airport to the city - which is now definately the best transportation option once you land there. But Moscow is changing rapidly so I think they would need to publish an update each year to keep up...
on 26 March 2001
I found this book to be very useful and accurate when I was in Moscow. The book suffers from the same problem as all books about Russia which is that nothing seems to stay the same and its impossible to keep track of prices. However its ability to take you off the beaten track and along the back streets of Moscow is great.
on 5 April 2011
Excellent - arrived promptly and is very good quality. I would have no problems in recommending this item and this service to other buyers. The information was accurate and very useful - would have been difficult to get around without it!
on 30 August 2015
Think the book was new and never opened before. Great bargain.
on 21 October 2015
Ok but I bought an up to date one in the end
on 15 October 2014
Ex-library book and fairly old
on 5 November 2014