on 23 July 2017
Just decided to re-read and it's as fresh as the first time round.

Truly as fantasy classic, which in my opinion rivals Game of Thrones, is a must for anyone who loves the field. Heros, heroines, wizards and villains - what isn't there to like?

The hero, Richard, is far from two dimensional and the love aspect is in keeping with true fantasy (not a romance), making the book relevant for both sexes.

Take my advice and give the series a go.
on 6 July 2017
I have read this book many times over the years waiting for the complete series to be released. Before the last one was I stopped for awhile reading other books and doing other projects. This time I will not stop until I have finished the whole set. This means you will have to buy all of them to have any idea what I'm talking about.
on 11 July 2017
Want to waste an absurd amount of time? Read this book and get hooked on one of the most immersive fantasy series available today.

Whatever you do, don't go and watch the TV show to get an idea of how good this is. The show is awful and nothing like the books.
on 21 June 2017
Could not put this down. Follow the adventures and misadventures of Richard, Kahlan and Zedd through the Westlands and into the Midlands, all the while being chased by Father Rahl.
on 5 May 2017
The writing style is a bit immature, but there's plenty of whump and angst and the characters and universe are quite unique. Lots of descriptive detail too...sometimes a bit too much.
on 4 July 2017
One of my favourite books and authors of all time . A rollercoaster of emotions from beginning to end and much cherished nuggets of "truth" throughout. Entertaining and deep with colourful characters- a fantastic read!
on 24 August 2014
Excellent book starting the series that the Sword of Truth TV Sci Fantasy series was based upon. This book begins the series and is excellent. Full marks to Terry Goodkind for a great book. If you're a science fantasy fan then I highly recommend this book to you
on 14 March 2017
I love this series of stories, on my third on now! Definitely recommended!
on 14 July 2017
Bought this for my daughter, as my copy was missing. Arrived in very good condition.
on 25 February 2013
The reason I started reading these books was after watching the TV series. I quickly realised what complete rubbish I'd been watching. The books are fantastic, although I must say that some parts of the book were a little too graphic for my usual taste. But I loved the story non-the-less. Right now I'm on Faith of the Fallen and still going and haven't been disappointed yet. They are full of action from beginning to end.
I recommend these books to anyone who enjoys adventure novels.