on 20 May 2011
Born in Jewish family in the East End of London, Ernest Lloyd's life was changed when he accepted Jesus as the Messiah. He went on to travel the world for nearly 60 years, using the Bible to speak to Jewish people about their hope of heaven, and to encourage Christians to care for and witness to their Jewish neighbours. Ernest evidently had a very varied life, and lots of interesting experiences. In addition, he was clearly much loved by many people, and had a very wide influence through his preaching and friendships. I'm sure he was a great man of God.

But I'm sorry to say that for me, the author did not manage to capture the essence of the man or to present his life in a compelling way. I'm afraid I found this little book worthy but not inspiring. You may feel differently - read it for yourself and see!
on 6 May 2004
Ernest Lloyd's life spans almost the entire twentieth century and, helpfully, in this book the different periods of his life are given historical reference points. The book is more than just a biography and the image that it presents of ministry to Jewish people is no monochrome stereotype. Instead, the author paints a glorious, full-colour picture of what Jewish ministry can and should be. I laughed and cried at the various personal events in Ernest's life. I was challenged and inspired by what I saw of Jesus in his life and seventy years of ministry. I was thrilled at the accounts of his pioneer ministry as he laid the foundations of new works for CWI in South Africa , Canada , Australia , India and New Zealand . I was staggered at the statistics. For the cause of the Gospel Ernest has travelled over a million miles and preached over 200,000 sermons in some twenty countries - and we think we are busy!
This is a very easy book to read but not easy to put down once you've started. I enjoyed this book. It is brilliant. Mike Moore has done us a great service in labouring to bring us such a warm, challenging and inspirational account of the life of Ernest Lloyd.
VINE VOICEon 13 July 2003
Ernest Lloyd is a wonderful gentleman; gracious, gentle, kind and with a real compassion for lost souls. This is his story, but it is more than his story. It is a history of modern mission to the Jewish people in a life that spans the 20th century. For 70 years Mr Lloyd has travelled the world, preaching in South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Singapore, and all points in between.
Full of stories of personal encounters this book is a joy to read, and has a lot to teach us about how we do our evangelism. But more than being a history of mission to the Jewish people it is a record of the grace of God in extending his Kingdom, first to the Jew and then to the Gentile.
An encouraging read.