on 8 December 2012
The book was bought for me as a birthday present. It is quite possibly the best book I have read in ages. I haven't put it down. It is easy to read, flows nicely and is just filled with good old belly laughs. I don't know if it's the fact we share a similar outlook and background on life or; if it's the fact that we share the same sense of humour or, the fact it's about travels on a motorbike. Whatever it is, I totally get it and I love this guy's style of writing sense of humour and wit. I've added his other books to my Christmas list... If you are in need of a good read which is just filled with belly laughs, buy and read this book.
on 25 March 2013
After reading all of Paul Carters other books of travelling the world and working with interesting characters this book was a bit slow, however, that’s not to say it isn't worth a read! As a biker and engineer I relate to the connection he has within the book with the motorcycle and appreciate the task in hand. Still a great read.
on 8 June 2012
Paul Carter is a great writer, see his other books before this on (all about his time on the rigs) which are both hilarious and tragic at the same time. This one is about his travels in Oz on a bike converted to run on used cooking oil, a real laugh a minute, you won't be disappointed with this or any of his other books
on 19 January 2013
The reviews I read before purchase talked about it being a bit lightweight on adventure & too much tech talk. The tech talk swung it for me. I thought the balance was right & I enjoyed the read.
It did seem a bit rushed on the home leg back to Perth. Not a travelogue if thats what you're looking for.
on 6 March 2013
...And this didn't disappoint. More hilariously written escapades from Paul Carter. It's more introspective than his earlier two (he's settled down with wife and kiddy down now), so a little bit of a departure in places from what you might expect - but all told with the same wit and originality.
on 11 June 2014
But still a very good read, and a great travel novel for those wishing to travel round Australia. In fact I was left with so many places I had turned the corner of the page over on, it was a shame I had to leave the book in Cuba whilst 'saving weight' coming home.
on 20 June 2014
This man was born to write everything he does is interesting funny or gripping he's love for his family and friends is mind blowing it makes you think how boring your own life is at times..need some more Paul "" if you would be so kind have read them all now.
on 21 August 2016
Have read all Paul Carters other books and enjoyed the short punchy stories, whilst this is a fantastic achievement and the dude deserves a huge amount of respect for doing it, this last tale didn't really do it for me.......
on 15 February 2014
i enjoyed this, but the end seemed a bit rushed. There was a huge chunk of journey that was summed up in a couple of pages, which I felt I had been cheated out of. Still a good book, but his other books are better.
on 13 January 2013
I thought the book would be more interesting than I found it to be. It shows the ups and downs of such attempts but failed to hold my interest. Other readers might think otherwise as it appears well acclaimed.