Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 October 2010
Sue's book is indeed jargon free excellence and will appeal to NLPers as well as those not so familiar with the term. The subject is explained in small easy to understand sections, with exercises and illustrations that allow the reader to fully absorb the information and 'get it' at a core level.

I have owned a copy of the first edition for a long time and bought the revised 3rd edition for its new content. In keeping with the concept of NLP, new formulas and approaches are evolving all the time and Sue' latest book includes them all.

For me, what I love the most about NLP At Work is the versatility of contexts to which the information can be applied.. It is a MUST for NLPers and non NLPers alike. Read it, apply it and notice the difference it brings to your life.
on 23 February 2011
This is a great resource book, read it from cover to cover or dip in for a real insight, or an explanation of something you did not quiet understand elsewhere. I love the NLP stories like good luck bad luck who knows and the traveller who gets what they expected. Sue has a really practical approach to the subject and makes it easy what ever stage you are at. However she will also challenge your thinking. This book helps make sense of NLP and enables you to continue to experiment with the many techniques and methods in the book. If you can't make up your mind where to start just open the book anywhere to find a treasure trove.
on 10 December 2009
`NLP at Work' has been my NLP Bible for years and the third edition has even more to offer. The additions around using metaphor, clean questions, time and humour make this book feel so NOW and relevant to where NLP is today. The 3rd edition is a must to anyone new to the subject and also to those seasoned practitioners. Get it if you want to understand NLP in a clear non-jargon way and discover how NLP is already a part of who you are and what you do. It truly delivers what it promises. The summaries, checklists and case-studies also make it a fantastic aid to those formally studying NLP.
on 3 December 2009
I am a current NLP practitioner student two thirds of the way through the course (not training with Sue's organisation)and as you would expect am reading different NLP books, each written in different styles and with different focus.
Sue's third edition has brought NLP to life for me. Things that I thought I previously understood are much clearer and her writing style and content is easy to read but at the same time thought provoking.
The chapters on metaphors, clean questions, precise questions , humour (I could expand but you would be better off reading the book!) have led me to see many things, including myself in a different way.
Dont tell Sue but I would gladly have paid double for this gem (& I paid full price, not the Amazon price!).
on 7 May 2011
At the end of the interview the lovely Kristy gave me the Bible and the Complete Works of Shakespeare and I had one more book; Kant? Descartes? Nietzsche? No...Sue Knight's NLP at Work! This seminal work has fused the technical science of understanding human behaviour, with actually being human. The book congruently delivers to the reader the very outcomes you can expect to deliver yourself through the study and use of the content of this book. Indeed the book is a model of the very things it seeks to pass on as it builds rapport with you in a very clean way, providing an example of excellence that really is the difference that makes the difference.
Even on my desert island, I can coach myself!
on 4 February 2011
Sue's writing goes way beyond the `tools and techniques' of NLP, and speaks instead to the contemporary human condition. She brings a passion and compassion to her writing which I find utterly compelling!
on 27 August 2015
Fabulous book that covers everything you need to know about NLP. It's very easy to read and I particularly love Sue's stories that bring it to life! Enjoy.
on 21 April 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in NLP as there is just about all the info you need to understand and apply this in your life.
on 14 August 2013
Great resource. Insightful and excellent read. For managers, coaches and people. Great value for money. I will read this book again in the future.
on 26 November 2009
Sue Knight writes fluidly and with great love and mastery about her field. Having owned the first two editions I was looking forward to the third edition and also wondering what a new edition might bring. In reading this third edition I realise that each edition represents Sue's journey and with each come deeper, sharper iterations and innovations of her work, identity and purpose in action. Sue is distilling the essence of excellence. There is an intriguing new chapter on the pioneering and innovative 'clean language'. Sue's writing is inspiring, easy to read and works in a way where, uncannily, you start to notice that you are doing 'stuff' she talks about without conscious effort. I am loving relaxing in front of the fire on these autumnal evenings and dipping into this book. Somehow the writing inspires our unconscious resources and flexibility and the only way I absolutely know this is by having noticed the difference in my experience. NLP is Sue's chosen field, in which she has become a leader, making a difference for me and many clients that I've recommended her to. Along with the most excellent leaders in any field Sue's work embodies her own purpose and love for what she does. This book is an expression of Sue's purpose and is about doing, about real experience and it's success is measured by results in practice. Sue elegantly and exquisitely integrates conceptual frameworks into her work in a way that is simple and makes a difference where the 'rubber meets the road'. The great and effortless thing is that it is often a mystery (and perhaps irrelevant) how this happens. Though the book stands alone I have found it to be a perfect complement to her talks and trainings. I'll leave it to you to read Sue's typically generous and humble last paragraph in her 'Acknowledgments' at the end of this book. Sue helps to inspire the same in others. I know she has made a difference to my life. She does do what she says on the tin.