Customer reviews

Almost French: A New Life in Paris
Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 June 2015
Well done Sarah! Having lived in France for the past 17 years, I recognized so many of the incidents in the 'clash' or differences, between our cultures.A very true account of life here. It's important to appreciate both french and english friends. Thanks for a great read.
on 26 July 2015
I found this an excellent read due to the lack of 'typos', spelling mistakes and foul language. It was very well written and gave a fascinating insight into French culture and traditions and the author's struggle to understand and come to terms with them.
on 17 June 2015
Well written and amusing. Gives a great insight into living in Paris as a foreigner. The author's tells of visiting her in-law's who live close to Montreuil in northern France, an area familiar to me so making it particularly interesting.
on 2 February 2015
This book captures what I have found so difficult to articulate after 14 years in France. Engaging, honest and as the French say 'correct' it made me feel homesick for the country of my choice as I traveled through Australia and Thailand.
on 15 June 2015
Wonderfully written warm, funny account of the joys and frustrations of trying to live in the French capital. Written with a distinctly Aussie flair, this is a must for anyone, who is not French, contemplating an extended stay in Paris.
on 16 June 2015
Very honest,enjoyable account of a young Australian girl's decision to move her life to Paris and her attempts to come to terms with French idiosyncrasies and the very different way of life.
I look forward to reading her next book.
on 23 February 2016
As one who has spent time in France, and with its people, I found the book thoroughly enjoyable. Sarah Turnbull captures exactly, and with humour, the inevitable clash of Parisian and her own culture. I loved it.
on 29 December 2015
Really enjoyed this.Gave me an insight into French life.They are just as neurotic as the English!Made me understand them more and how difficult it can be to fit in with a new culture.All nations are weird!!!!
on 3 June 2015
An interesting and frank account of the difficulties - and joys! - of adjusting to life in a foreign country and finding work there. Lovely insights to the quartiers of Paris and country life in the north.
on 22 June 2015
An interesting read!! Especially for those who are living in various regions of France! All absolutely true, have personally experienced different attitudes etc etc, pleased to know it's not just us!