on 31 March 2014
I found this book a bit strange as I was expecting it to be Miranda harts life story, it however seemed to be more about comedy and comedians in general with just a few references towards the subject however we did get more about Miranda in the second half of the book. There were some interesting facts but on the whole I would not recommend you rush out and buy it, borrow it from a friend.
on 8 June 2014
Miranda Hart if certainly flavour of the week/ month/ year just now. She is a very funny lady with a manner that draws the viewer(s) to her performances. To read of her back ground and to hear her speaking it is clear she has worked hard getting where she is today. Did she concur with the views expressed by Sophie Johnson, I hope so, for this is a good read. I recommend this book.
on 9 November 2013
It's not funny, it's not interesting, very disappointing. Just a money catcher book by a B list 'celebrity' with no real content. So disappointing. I like Miranda usually, although her own sitcom is slow and clunky and does nothing for the talent in it (don't the scriptwriters and directors of these Britcoms every watch Modern Family?) same as the book.
on 16 January 2016
Great book, I have both paper and kindle versions of this. she is a very funny person and the book gave me insight into her from a different perspective. the book is good and I enjoyed reading it.
on 2 December 2013
This book is more about other people than it is about Miranda. I agree with other reviewers who have said that it is mostly about other comedians. It shows that the author has a knowledge of comedians, but she doesnt give the impression of knowing a great deal about Mirand Hart, something which I would have thought quite necessary when writing a Biography!
I was looking forward to this book, gave it a good chance to get going, but it just never did grow on me. As I said, I was very disappointed with this book. If I wanted a lesson in comedy, I would have looked up that information on the internet!
on 26 July 2014
I bought this hoping for a biography, but it reads like a history of British Comedy. Not much about Miranda Hart, but lots of précis of the 'Miranda' TV show episodes, blow by blow account actually of each one! Skipped much - a pity.
on 17 August 2013
I found this book overly long, and packed with lots of references and comparisons to other comedy programmes past and present. Not light reading or very funny. Didn't tell me much about the real Miranda.

Might suit someone of an analytical nature.
on 11 November 2016
Very good and at a bargain price
on 30 January 2014
Great book with a lot of input of her life ,
Still love you Miranda glad i read it, Please keep on doing what you do so well.
I have found you, just last year so i am a new fan.
Caldavy
on 27 January 2013
I've managed to read 60 pages so far and it has to be the dullest thing I have ever read. I half chuckled once. I didn't realise when I bought it that this is an UNAUTHORISED biography. Sophie Johnson has succesfully sucked all the fun out of Miranda and all you are left with is dry boring husk of lists of male and female comedians, line ups from various years at the Fringe, more lists of various awards won etc etc etc blah blah blah. Don't waste your money. I have never written a review before but feel moved to warn people of buying this trash.