Customer reviews

on 8 July 2012
My daughter met the lovely author when she came to her school to talk about writing and read a bit of her book to them. Since then Ive been reading a chapter a night to my daughter, shes 9 and dyslexic so cant read it herself. She really loves this book and wishes she has her own talking cat. She has asked me to get the next book too. It certainly a lovely well written book thats perfect for bedtime stories. I would recommend this very much.
on 6 March 2007
I bought this book today and read it in one evening. I have now passed it on to my youngest daughter to read as I am sure she will enjoy reading it also. What an enchanting story and so well written! I loved the characters of Benson and Mr Elvic. The references to Grimble Town Football Club also made me smile, as I am an avid Grimsby Town fan and I know the author is also. All in all, this is a charming book, and a great read. I would recommend it to everyone, young and not so young alike. I look forward to the next book from the pen of Susan Dodd, if it is anything like as good as this one.
on 10 March 2006
A very well written book. Written especially for children but will be enjoyed by adults as well. There is no need for illustrations since the descriptive narrative is so good it immediately creates stunning pictures in your mind. I am already looking forward to the author's next book - there had better be one!
on 31 March 2006
I was fortunate enough to be able to read a pre-publication copy of this book. It is clear that the author has called upon her childhood memories and has described the workshop and the town very well. The descriptions are superb and convey mental images immediately to mind. It is a thoroughly enjoyable read.
on 10 March 2006
A wonderful book, written for children, but can be enjoyed by all people. There no need for illustrations because the descriptive narrative is so good it conveys pictures to your mind. The author certainly has a talent for writing and I am already looking forward to her next book - there had better be one!
on 22 March 2006
Benson and the Wishing Machine is a fantastic book which I really enjoyed reading. I think both boys and girls would enjoy this brilliant story about Mr Elvic and his friend Benson the ginger cat.