Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

on 14 November 2009
Although some of the poems are a little tedious and confusing, as is to be expected in poetry collections in general, most are fantastic.

The animal and plant poems where Murray personifies the plant or animal(s) are amazing, and inspiring. He brings the characters to life in such a way as I have never seen, and his techniques for doing so are unique. Doing a Creative Writing degree, I immediately attempted to emmulate his style, but it is very hard to get the same effect.

Overall a great buy, especially if you love poetry, are studying poetry, literature or creative writing, or are an aspiring writer. I would rate this collection above many that I have read, including some by Sylvia Plath, Andrew Motion, and Carol Ann Duffy. I enjoyed Murray far more.