on 11 May 2014
I bought this before visiting the National Gallery exhibition and am glad I did. It's an excellent production, and now serves as a permanent reminder of a once-in-a-lifetime bringing together of art from around the world, including a chance to see some items from private collections that might never be exhibited again. A beautiful book on sensuous art by an artist sometimes overshadowed by his contemporaries.
on 23 April 2014
The illustrations of the work of this great master bear testimony to his brilliance as an artist. A thorough piece of research and a bible for those who wish to learn more about Veronese.
on 8 May 2014
Well written and organised, full of interesting facts about Veronese and his contemporaries. Images are well reproduced, although sometimes a bit small, the best is the well researched text.
Can't wait to see the exhibition now!
on 9 June 2014
It is an excellent catalogue All Natonal Gallery publications are of the highest standard and the photographs are of very high standard.
on 24 September 2014
Excellent publication - good quality photographs and informative text
on 10 February 2016
Good for the coffee table
on 18 April 2014
In the past few years I really did like the Amazon-option that orders above 25 pounds had the opportunity of free shipping to Holland. This really made a difference to me, for instance France amazon did not give this possiblility, and therefore I frequently decided to buy in the UK and not France. However, a few weeks ago I suddenly recieved a message from Amazo-co.uk, that you have canceld this possibility. I want to let you know that I am quite disappointed by this decision, and it really will make a difference for me to order from Amazon.co.uk. The thing I really did not like is the fact Amazon send this message not just to inform me that this was giong to happen in the next few weeks or month, but it stopped the same day. If you look at my account you can see that I have ordered substantially in the past few years, therefore this sudden message was a disappointment. I thought I should let you know my feelings about this issue, because up till now I have always been very satisfied with the services of Amazon.
Yours sincerely,

Hans Vogels,
Boskoop/Holland
on 27 March 2014
Sorry, just posted review of this book to 'Vikings' (which I also bought, and which arrived last week), by mistake!
This one arrived on tues. Wasn't sure if it would be hardback or paperback till it arrived. So was worried about price, but it was hardback, so price ok. Might be a good idea to make this info. available in future All fine.