Customer reviews

on 27 December 2014
Really interesting for the amateur as well as the serious student.
on 17 October 2011
This is a great book. Really helpful as you can see and feel the fabrics, which helps to understand their uses and difference.
on 15 July 2014
I bought this for my daughter as we looked for something like this during her years at University but had failed to find anything, not even the university had anything. It is so important to be able to feel a fabric to be able to understand its texture and know what it can be used for, this does exactly that. I definite for anyone studying Textiles for Fashion.
on 14 April 2014
This book is great, has loads of fabric swatches and really helped me with a project of mine. I recommend if like, myself you are taking a fashion course or even if you're just a person who likes working with fabric then this is a good book to have in your collection.
on 17 August 2014
Bought this for someone taking up making their own clothes. They said it was very helpful as a reference guide when selecting material to order and - especially for a beginner - helped her understand what the different fabrics feel and look like.
on 12 February 2015
Great book!
If you're new in the fashion/sewing/textile world this book will be your best guide.
Well presented, clearly explained, easy to work with!

Very happy with it!
on 14 April 2014
A good swatch book and some good references but colourless. I would recommend this book only if you want to know or want more knowledge about the properties of fabrics.
on 19 May 2013
Great book for anyone who works with fashion/textiles/interiors. The swatches Of fabrics mean you can actually feel what the fabrics are which I find really helpfull to then know what I want! There is quite a range as well, and as I find new fabrics which might not be in there I am starting to add them in for myself. Overall great book!
on 6 May 2013
I love this swatch book, its so interesting to read and so creatively put together. I bought it because I wanted to learn more about fabrics, and enhance my knowledge of the fashion industry in general so this did the job. It came within a matter of days too :)
on 26 November 2014
Great quality and very informative - would highly recommend!