on 28 April 2009
I must confess to being a little disappointed by this book; the cover is fabulously tactile but it is really not much more than an over-priced directory. Yes, the illustrations are of great quality but there is very little information about the designers. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with a real passion for textiles or anyone looking for depth and detail but art teachers might find it useful as there are so many different techniques and designers/artists to choose from. I put it on my bookshelves the day after I bought it and it hasn't come out since; never a good sign and a very sad fate for a book!
on 25 January 2011
I am a textile design student, this book is a great help to people studying such a course, including illustrators, artists etc.
Although, it doesn't give you much information about the designer, but surely if you want to know more about one particular designer you'll go and research more into them? Or is that just me that does that these days?
The book can't possibly show you every little picture/design or information on the designer, lets face it the book would have been a lot bigger if so.

I would defiantly recommend this book, it's a good source book!
on 20 August 2013
I first saw this book in an art shop and at college there is constructed textiles, dyed, painted and printed, mixed media, stitch and work from so many artists. There is so many artists to be inspired from and each image has a small write up about the piece. The artists can then be researched further if they inspire you. An excellent resource of artists.
on 14 February 2010
I found this book to be wonderfully amazing. yes it does not talk about designers in great detail but it shows the work of other textile designer out there! i have a huge love of textiles, and i am currently a student studying the subject. I feel this book has helped me a great deal and has spent little time on my book shelf. :)
on 25 October 2010
This book was recommended to me by a graduate and after having a quick look through I decided to buy it. It is invaluable as a resource particularly for my sixth form students.
on 30 May 2014
What a beautiful and informative book! even the cover is beautiful! (the black is velvet!) its so helpful, interesting and informative. i absolutely love it.
on 10 July 2009
If you want to see nice and different products and ideas you should buy this book.great colors and images.I love this book and definelty recommended.
on 2 August 2015
Looks like a great book for a textiles student. Lots of inspiration.
on 5 February 2016