on 28 December 2011
This book is incredible and a must for anyone who adores Italian food. I have always wanted an italian baking book. For years I have made second rate pizzas and "passable" italian bread. However, the recipies in this book produce excellent results. Even the advice is excellent, brush the bowl with oil, rub your hands with olive olive before you start baking.Then you wont be pulling bits of dough off the hair on your hands for 24 hours. All I need now is the wood burning oven! Such a contrast to Italian cookery books that focus on italian peasant food, that is not very appealing!
on 7 March 2012
i just got my copy of this great book. it has already impressed me much with the variety of recipes and great photos. recipes are very well explained. can't wait to try them out. really, very pleased.
i was only a bit surprised to see no mention to SUGAR in the pizza recipes. i have always added sugar to my pizzas, bread, and also to the calzones i baked this past sunday.
on 9 February 2013
My husband loves baking and often likes to try different recipes. He fancied something different so, he got this book from our local library. The book was so full of surprisingly easy to follow and delicious recipes that after a few weeks, this book was a must have. My husband was so delighted when I surprised him with this book at Christmas.
on 11 February 2016
Wonderful, simple, scrumptious and well worth making, great bread dough recipes. Ginos enthusiasm for food from his homeland is infectious and carefully translated to make any cook want to try
on 8 April 2013
Any recipe of Gio's that I have tried has always worked out well and tasted brilliant. Obviously all his recipes are genuinely his and have been tried and tested.
on 24 June 2013
The recipes are clear to follow and the results are good. Mouth watering recipes covering cakes, biscuits, bread and pasta. I would recommend to any home baker.
on 2 April 2013
I inadvertantly order this book instead of the Frankie Dettori cook book but I was pleasantly surprised. Warning: The book is in english.
on 29 January 2013
Borrowed book from my daughter and then simply had to buy my own copy. Authentic Italian recipes which are easy to follow and delicious.
on 30 August 2014
Great book great recipes gives you a better range in italian food menu/diet which is relatively easy to follow well worth the buy.
on 4 July 2013
Lovely recipes. Have made several already and found them easy to follow. The biscuit recipes are especially good. Can recommend.