on 17 April 2012
This cook book is great, its the one i use above all others. If like me you dont have the time or money for long winded recepies this is for you. Most of the dishes are easy to prepare and dont require a high level of skill. My daughter, 4, has loved every dish i have prepared for her, even the salmon recepie!! And as a bonus they are healthy meals, i did not use this as a diet book so i cant comment on that but i would really recommend it to anyone.
on 6 June 2013
As a lover of my Italian food, the thought of dieting was traumatic but this book of Gino's is fantastic. Everything recipe tried so far is lovely - so great that my husband cannot believe that they are low fat and healthy. My bible from now on.
on 17 September 2014
Like Gino, then buy this book Italian food is a favourite of mine and this helped me to do some simple easy to remember, and very tasty dishes. Lasagne di mama is a favourite
on 20 February 2010
I love this book and some of the recipes are lovely but there are several things that make it a difficult diet to follow. If you want to follow the recommended diet plans you can't for a couple. My husband and I both love Italian food but there are two sets of recipes for men and woman (based on numbers of calories you can have) - which is not very practical. Also as previously stated in other reviews lots of recipes are for 8 portions - well there is only two of us so making a quarter of the portions is difficult and of course if you make more you are tempted to eat it (which is why I need a diet book with proper quantities). But over all loved the book for all its faults.
on 13 August 2014
Super tasty food , great diet never hungry 6lb lost so far
on 25 April 2010
I love this book - it is full of great recipes that are not only good for me (calorie counting) but my whole family are enjoying them. Last night we had Maccheroni alla Genoves (Pasta with Minced Meat & Onions)which is one of the best pasta recipes I have ever tasted and my children are begging me to cook it again! Thanks a million Gino!
on 15 April 2010
The Italian diet is easy to understand and contains some lovely recipes. I will be using it regularly and will really enjoy the meals. Good choices of vegetarian and fish recipes. If you need a nice easy diet book which will improve your health this is one very good buy. Well done Gino and thank you.
on 11 February 2012
As a diet book I was not so impressed but a lovely book to read and use for inspiration. Ideal for families and meals with friends as most meals are for 4 - 6 peopls. As I live alone the calories were difficult to work out!
on 14 April 2010
This is not only a brilliant diverse recipe book in terms of food options - it's so easy to cook any of the dishes. The recipes are all VERY healthy and yet really mouthwatering.

Gino is clearly very passionate about his style and using the best ingredients.

Have already had to buy another copy of the book for my daughter who cooked a whole week of meals from it. At least I now have my copy back!

Buy this book if you love simple yet delicious Italian food!
on 29 January 2013
I bought this book in order to eat healthier, the recipes are filling, easy to make and use everyday ingredients. This is the most used cookery book that I own and I recommend it.