on 5 December 2012
This is a very helpful book, the best part being not so much the recipes (although these are yummy) but the lists that show how much saturated fat certain foods contain (a whole list of cheeses alone!), alcohol units, Omega 3, and the value added at the bottom of each recipe that tells you how many calories, fat,sat fat and salt each meal contains. There are detailed chapters on lifestyle and labelling.
I bought this book because my husband has angina and he is trying to avoid going on statins if possible, so he's trying to keep healthy by eating healthy!

I highly recommend this cookbook to anyone wanting to keep their heart healthy.
on 18 February 2015
Excellent advice, great recipes very positive, would recommend to give a lift after the festive season, and being diagnosed with
angina?!?! Have lost 5lbs in 5 weeks with the aid of this book and the high protein low GI book purchased at the same time, Thank you!
on 26 October 2014
Easy to follow recipes with a real 'wow' factor. You would never believe that many of these dishes are 'healthy' or good for you, but we are told they are. If dinner parties were still in vogue this book would be a godsend - your guests would never guess! But that apart it is anyway, it just means that I will have to spend more time in the kitchen than I have in the past - if these dishes help a breaking heart then I for one are all for it!
on 28 July 2017
Excellent!
on 15 August 2017
ok
on 21 June 2014
Brilliant book lots of choose and good tips!helped me know what herbs I need what to avoid and what to use
on 3 August 2015
An essential reference book for anyone wishing to improve their diet following a heart scare.
on 9 November 2016
I have health problems. so this book I hope will help me become healthier. the recipes look okay. I feel it will take a bit of getting use too because I've got a sweet tooth.
on 4 July 2010
This book is full of ideas for eating healthily. So don't wait until you are in trouble - use this book to keep out of trouble!
on 11 September 2016
Great recipes, clear informative introduction