on 23 March 2015
Should be called the make Anthony Worrall Thomson money cookbook. I have a hugely extensive global spice, herb and dried foods cupboard, and even I do not have all of the stuff he uses in this book. I would surmise that it would cost the average household cook between £200 and £500 perhaps even more over time, to buy all the non usual foodstuffs, herbs, spices etc that most folks wouldn't even dream of buying, let alone regularly buying; if they followed all the recipes in this book. The premise and promise of the book is great, but he has failed to tailor it to the 'common man' and the common mans budget; especially of one on a diabetic diet. If you have loads of dosh and a flare for the exotic, buy it, if not go elsewhere to get inspiration for your diabetic diet. The reason I bought it was that I am a newly diagnosed diabetic chef and it was recommended by Diabetes.co.uk, I shall know better next time they review menu books.
on 24 November 2017
It’s written above my level of cooking. The book brilliant price. Well packaged arrived in excellent time. Thanks.
on 1 June 2015
just what i needed to help me conrol and maintain my diet following being diagnosed with diabetes. looking forward to trying recipes. excellent price. would recommend to friends and family.
on 22 May 2016
great book, only problem i found was that a few pages had been removed. otherwise i found it to be very helpful.
on 28 April 2017
Some very interesting tips I have picked up.
on 23 July 2016
Good book and a fair price but most of the food used is not what I would eat so I have not used the book
on 8 January 2013
Bought this for my son who is diabetic. Contains lots of background about what diabetes is and other such stuff. We only wanted a cook book so find that about of a third of it is not what we wanted.
on 12 October 2015
This will help us with trying something new good book
on 7 February 2015
Bought for friend well written and full of good information worth the buy
on 7 January 2015
user freindly, with good recipes, far more tasty than the usual preachy style of diet books.