on 2 June 2008
I love this book and bought it for myself and a crocheting friend around Xmas time. I've been crocheting for just over a year and my friend for a bit less. So far we've had no problems with this book and have each made several items with no problems re: errata etc which you find quite a lot in other crochet or knitting books.

As I could already crochet when I bought this book, I didn't need the crochet intstructions at the start of the book but from what I have seen they cover everything you need to know and would be enough for someone with maybe a very basic or rusty crochet knowledge to get through the book. A beginner would possibly be able to learn from this book alone but I'd still recommend Debbie Stoller's Happy Hooker as the best book for newcomers.

The only thing I don't really like about this book is that it has clearly been at least part-funded by Rowan as both the writers are employed by Rowan and all the yarn they use in every single project is Rowan. Therefore if you were to use the yarn they suggest and never substitute any other yarn, it would cost you a fortune to make the things in this book!

That said, it is a really nice looking and colourful book with some interesting patterns and ideas. The section on homewares has some cool ideas to inspire you and I also really love the bags. The weakest section is probably the bit at the end for customising clothes. Some of the ideas (pom pom trimming on your skirt anyone?) look a little frumpy and tacky but might be fun for little girls clothes.

Overall a lovely book with plenty of value for money and lots of inspiration.
on 16 November 2007
This is a lovely book full of gorgeous crochet designs. I love this book because the designs are so modern and don't make you think of hideous 1970s-style crochet at all. The stylish red and purple sequinned scarf is my favourite design, but I am also smitten with the incredibly funky hot water bottle cover. I like the fact that there are some quick designs in here, like the edgings to customise clothes and the greetings card. As a beginner to crochet I particularly like the clear instructions and photographs.
on 10 February 2011
This book has it all. It has a basic guide on the learning crochet but it also includes some rather funky projects that will interest many. The ideas it give you from making your own jewellery to fabricating your own pictures with crochet. It is inspirational and creative. A book that galvanises you to make your own projects.
I thank the authors for writing such a clever book that excites the beginner to create their own world of crochet.
on 9 April 2014
it is a great books if you dont have any crochet experience, the patterns are fun to make and the diagrams are clear
on 26 August 2014
Excellent book with lots of very helpful information
on 18 December 2014
THANKS WILL KEEP ME OCCUPIED
on 11 June 2012
After waiting for over a week I was told this book was unavailable. I was very disappointed as I was told this book was exceptional in describing crochet methods.
on 21 June 2009
Whilst this book provides a fairly good guide for the beginner, I found the projects somewhat un-inspiring however, all the basics were explained well and the reader is encouraged to be bold and experiment. On the whole, this book proves a good launching pad for inexperienced 'hookers' to go on to bigger and better things.