on 5 October 2008
Perfect for lovers of all things retro, this is a great book. More than just a photography book, Campervan Crazy is both a history of the campervan and a tribute to those who own one. There are some really funny and heart-warming stories about enthusiasts, plus some excellent photography. A fantastic Christmas present.
on 28 December 2006
there seem to be two type of VW books: either they are originality police books focusing on minute badge details on 1956-7 models or are full of £50k cal-look split screens.

however, this has campers that are actually used as campers (shock horror) and is a right good read- buy it if you want to know about different people enjoying their campers, rather than simply polish and tow to shows - excellent
on 1 January 2007
Usually I get socks from my mum, but this year I got this book!! The super pictures and fun writing brought back all the great memories of my footloose traveling days.

Definitely recommend this one.
on 16 January 2012
A bit of every thing for everyone rather than a masterpiece of one thing. Tells of the incredible journeys of older vans under trying road conditions,(including breakdowns,,,,I don't feel so bad now bout my kombi's recent haemmorage haha) the love of owners such as Martin Clunes and Jamie Oliver (tho he got sick of his and sold it) plus general one page stories of people who just travelled around various parts of the world, ie Australia, Indonesia, South America and Turkey. The style of writing is very easy to read with plenty of pictures tho I felt some of the stories waffled and some could have given more detail in places (a book in themselves perhaps?).

In all it is a good coffee table book for browsing over a sunday cappucino.
on 25 November 2010
Although this was purchased as a present I couldn't resist a quick scan before wrapping it up. An excellent easy read little book with lots of pictures and diverse tales about this iconic van. A very good read and a very good gift.
on 17 June 2011
Really enjoyed reading this book, full of information that I didn't know and some short stories about amazing journey's in VW vans - cracking book for fellow vdub addicts!
on 9 May 2012
This is a great book, with loads of beautiful colour pictures of different vans, all with unique paint jobs and individual personalities with the stories behind their history, where they were found and details about different removation projects. A great gift for those who love vw buses.
on 20 July 2013
I love this book. So many inspired stories about VW Camper Van adventures. I've been much less intrepid and gone only as far as the Lake District, Wales and Scotland in mind, but reading these great accounts might spur me on to go further afield sometime!
on 8 January 2012
I have tried my hardest to find a book which helps in conversions of your own vans into camper vans. I wasn't able to find any that I liked but this is a good book and my Fiancé really enjoys reading it
on 13 December 2012
Good book. Nice photos and very informative and interesting. Sure my son will like it for xmas. Arrived on time.