on 12 June 2013
Aside from requiring you to believe in chi energy which I'm not sure I do (there is no scientific evidence to back up it exists) the book itself is very easy to read and the exercises in it are easy to follow. I get a lot out of t'ai chi in a meditative, calming sense. Not sure I've experienced any particular health benefits so far other than relaxed mind but we'll see.
on 12 March 1999
I really enjoyed this book. It taught me much about the use of Tai Chi and Chi kung in emotional healing using the principles of internal Taoist alchemy. The exercises are clearly and colourfully depicted through high quality photographs, while the text explains the related Taoist principle. For serious, no not serious - joyful (!) - practitioners and beginners alike..
on 10 July 2011
This book is such a joy to read. Illustrated beautifully, and written with warmth and caring for his readers. It may not be what people expect from a book on Tai Chi, being more about exercises and how to fit them into your daily life, rather than on the exact Tai Chi form, but for me it has so much more to teach us, in a relaxed and friendly way. There is a lovely section on exercise for children, and also information on health and so much more. I do Tai Chi classes and find this book and Mr. Choy's format rewarding and instructive. I highly recommend this most interesting book. Thank you Peter.
on 5 December 2013
applying these fundamental tai chi exercises will bring you closer to your true self. After reading the book and apply the homework via Peter's teachings I can truly say that I'm noticing changes in how i perceive myself and the world around me. This is THE basics to learn tai chi but is so important to learn. The exercises/ tools are easy to apply in your daily life at any time. I love them and use them a lot!
on 12 August 2013
I am still reading it as a guide to Tai Chi and use it for reference but it is very hard to practice and read at the same time I could do with it being on an audio tape as well
on 27 February 2015
no good,quality is poor,really hard to follow.