on 19 July 2010
Don't get me wrong; this book is full of delicious, impressive and very French recipes, however it's about more than that... it's about the French attitude toward their food, cooking and by extension family and friends. Really, this is as much a lifestyle book as a cookbook. Buy it and see.
on 26 April 2011
Once again I am delighted to have purchased another book by Trish Deseine.
I really enjoy the way it is written and the photographs are yummy-beautiful. Easy to follow recipes and great result.
Enjoy cooking and eating!
VB
on 3 January 2014
A perfect guide to French cooking.
I have used this book almost to death and have given it to all of my friends and family.
I would like to collect more books by Trish
on 22 May 2007
I have tried five of these recipes so far and they are a nice balance between not being too complicated but producing a result which gets a good reaction. Also unusually for a cook book, there is lots of interesting background as to how the French approach their food and how Trish Deseine learned about it.
on 9 April 2009
Beautifully illustrated, fantastically well written and the recipes are to die for! So far I have prepared the Aïoli, the brie stuffed with truffled mascarpone, the floating island dessert and I'm not stopping anytime soon. If only all cookbooks were as good and informed as Trish Deseine's - she really knows her stuff!
on 9 August 2009
I bought this book with high expectations having read a review that this lady was taking France by storm with her gorgeous recipes. For me the meals were very "meaty" and not very practical - if you love France and want to spend days in the kitchen, then perhaps it's for you - I'll stick with Nigella - practical and pragmatic British cooking for me!
on 30 December 2015