on 7 March 2008
a unique guide to embroidering flowers in a variety of styles, from crewel work and cross-stitch to hand and machine applique

offers a directory of 20 popular garden flowers to embroider

introduces simple designing techniques for developing many different embroidered fabrics

contains a full step-by-step stitch glossary of all the stitches and templates from which to copy the flowers used in the embroideries

JANET HAIGH is one of our most respected embroiders with a string of successful commissions and exhibitions to her credit, as well as three books, including the highly successful 'Crazy Patchwork' and 'Japanese Inspirations'.
on 16 February 2015
Lovely book with really detailed instructions on how to achieve an authentic look for many flowers. Very inspiring!
on 19 June 2015
I thought I might take up embroidery so bought this book as a prelude. Don't know if I will find the time, but if I do this book will be invaluable. Not only does it have clear instructions but the embroidery illustrating the text is absolutely beautiful and inspirational. Even if I never sew a stitch I am still glad I have this book to leaf through.
on 17 April 2012
Thank you Amazon. This book is just what I needed for the Embroiders Class I go to and my friends were so impressed with the book that they are getting it also. Thank you ever so much Amazon. Susan John
on 27 March 2014
A comprehensive introduction to quite a wide range of different stitches and ideas regarding how to combine these together. Very logical format. Easy to follow.
on 24 December 2012
There was less actual embroidery than I'd anticipated. The book offers some good ideas - though not many for me.
on 4 November 2014