on 1 February 2014
Bought this with his first three books about being a policeman in Yorkshire as a present. Not my cup of tea but my sister likes James Heriot and Gervais Finn so I thought she would like these. She says they are brilliant. Know what she's getting for her birthday now...the other three books he has written!
on 7 June 2017
I liked this book very much particularly since I lived in York for a number of years and was very fond of Yorkshire .
on 26 April 2017
Nice book and photos
on 2 October 2013
Was thinking of a word which best described the book! When I turned each page I heard a little voice saying "beautiful" This truly is a beautifully illustrated book, and one I will cherish for years to come. Having read all of Mike Pannett's books so far, the images and pictures I had imagined have now come to life in this book! The scenery & tour around Mike's Yorkshire countryside are simply breathtaking. I cannot recommend the book more highly whether you are a fan of his books, or simply love beautiful pictures. Shall purchase another for a friends Christmas present. Well done also to John Potter (photographer)and the publishers for producing such a book.
on 3 October 2013
This book is the perfect follow-up to the "Now, Then Lad" Yorkshire policing series. Illustrated with beautiful photographs of the Yorkshire countryside, Mike Pannett takes the reader on a visual tour of the locations of many of the stories in his books. Fans of the "Now, Then Lad" series will love it, but it is also a wonderful stand alone book for those who love everything Yorkshire!
on 13 October 2013
just as it is beautiful and as they say gods own county would recommend this book to all true yokshire folk
on 25 October 2013
This book was a must have for me. I have all of Mike Pannett's books about his time with the Ryedale Police. Having been to Yorkshire many times on holiday, it was good to read about the places i am familiar with, and also places that he loved.
on 12 December 2013
As an ex pat Yorkshire couple living in France we really appreciated the beautiful photography and the memories it envoked.
on 13 June 2014
A wonderful book showing parts of Yorkshire beautifully. It places the books already written by Mike in a new light if you couldn't quite identify the true names behind the fictional ones. A MUST as a companion to the superb books Mike writes. I can always guarantee a humorous read that helps to defeat the intensity of pain I'm always in.
on 12 October 2014
I've just recently purchased this book, but have not started to read it. Perhaps sometime in the future I could provide a review.
Erico.