on 24 March 2017
As an English native, it's great to help me remember my Russian. I think this Rowling lady has quite a future too. Very interesting book about a boy who becomes a wizard.
on 3 June 2017
The illustrations inside are so gorgeous, that it feels like reading Harry Potter books for the first time! I got the first book in that edition as well and Jim Kay's illustrations are masterpieces! I can't wait for the 3rd one to get published!
on 28 September 2017
Beautifully illustrated version of JK Rowling classic. Although the owner is only 7 years old she can cope with the majority of the reading and it's also perfect for reading a chapter or two on a night with her. Also the type of book that can be reread as she gets older. Looking forward to the rest of the series as they appear.
on 21 September 2017
An excellent story beautifully illustrated with small, large and page sized illustrations the "green eyes" and the Dobby running down the stairs are very good to name but a few. I am re-reading it - well worth getting!
on 27 June 2017
I absolutely adore this book! The illustrations evoked such strong emotions; Jim Kay has managed to capture the story precisely as I viewed it in my mind's eye when reading this wonderful book. I have pre-ordered the Prisoner of Azkaban and intend to eventually have the full set.

If I could give it a higher rating, I would.
on 5 September 2017
If you're a Potterhead or simply wish to be immersed into the world on a whole other level then this is for you! Children and adult-children hehe definitely deserve this experience! Buy the hardback books of Jim Kay if you can (1/2 price in supermarkets e.g. Tesco from £30 to £15) - first 2 books in series are out at time of writing in September 2017, and the 3rd is out next month, October 2017 - but definitely buy this one as well, I'm already looking forward to the next books being released on Kindle ... thank you to everyone involved for making this Slytherin happy!
on 27 January 2017
Bought this set for my mother for her birthday as she doesn't have her own set (she used to borrow mine all the time when I still loved at home)
The quality and presentation is lovely, and she was over the moon with it!
on 15 May 2017
Who doesn't like Harry Potter. I purchased
1 - 7 an excellent addition to the family library.
on 9 November 2016
Here is the second installment of the illustrated Harry Potter book collection. They have done it again with amazing illustrations bringing the book to life. The magic does come to life with every page. I have read this with my son who enjoyed it as much as I did the first time I did. Another one for the Potter fans out there. Muggles aloud to buy this book as well.
on 1 December 2016
Muggles. Wizards. Fun. There isn't much to say as it's been reviewed a million times since it first came out in 2001 or so... A very well written book with smart dialogue and themes that will and have appealed to children and adults.