on 1 August 2016
Arrived in excellent time and was well packaged - it matched the product description and provided stock photos.

I am currently reading Latin and aiming for my Latin GCSE and although I found some of this book taxing, most of it was in my ability. Very enjoyable and worthy of five stars!

I thoroughly enjoyed making my way through this book and found it helped my vocabulary and skills a lot. The translation was enjoyable and humorous in parts. I also loved the original so this is a must for any Latin speaking, Harry Potter fans!

I recommended this book to many of my classmates who also enjoyed it immensely.
on 15 May 2017
I've always been a fan of Harry Potter and hearing it being read by Stephen Fry gives it that added extra. Huge fan of both the book and the narrator, it's just the right combination.
If you don't have the time to read the books, listening to them is a definite must!
on 13 January 2014
After years of living with his maternal Aunt, Uncle and cousin after the death of his parents Harry Potter receives a letter in the mail informing him that he has a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. His Aunt and Uncle try everything they can to stop him going, for their own reasons. Harry was expecting a bit of wand waving and a few magic words.. what he wasn't expecting was to gain two best friends and have a rollercoaster of an adventure that would leave him face to face with the man who wants him dead.

This isn't the first time I've read Harry Potter. It's one of those books that fails to get old and you can read over and over again. It's not the best written book out there but it's more the way it's written that intrigues so many. The magic behind the magic.

The characters in this book are funny, courageous, fiercely loyal and very endearing. It's hard not to love them. My favourite is Professor Snape with his villainous charm but I think deep down he's a softy.

It's hard to believe that a book aimed at the younger audience would be able to capture and charm an adult while still being able to intrigue a child/adolescent but this book manages to do that. The story grips you almost from the very start and leaves you guessing. I still can't be able to figure out who's behind it all.
on 14 July 2016
Bought these for my friend as his old HP books were falling to pieces, and he absolutely loves these.

The artwork is really lovely, and would make great prints for your wall I think. You have art on the back, front and spine of the book which is great. The 'Harry Potter' and title are done in shiny gold and really pops.

Slipcase has an image of Hogwarts looking out across the lake, which is pretty.

I'm very pleased and the item as a whole is excellent. Makes a great gift!
on 31 March 2016
I bought this book for my son to read for world book day as he loved all the films and hes getting a lot better with his reading now (hes nearly 7). This book is really nice it is a good size for my son to carry around with him and been paperback its not too heavy for him and the text is a nice readable size for him. I think the price for this book is excellent and I would have expected it to cost more than it did. I am sure I will be back to purchase the next book in the series for him once hes completed reading this once. would recommend to others.
on 29 January 2017
I bought these books after I watched the films so I did know sometimes what was going to happen next. Unlike the films, the books tell you a bit more about the spells and the overall storyline is slightly different in a good way. The books themselves are quite addictive to read once you get into one of them and it can be hard to put them down. I think they are well worth the money they cost because of their adventurous story and exciting tense parts.
on 14 August 2016
This collection is completely stunning. I have seen SO MANY different collections of Harry Potter over the years and this has got to be my favourite. I purchased it for my mum as she had never read Harry Potter but really wanted to - she's been enjoying them since. This would make a great present for any Harry Potter lover or for someone new to the series. Gorgeous. And of course the books themselves are fantastic, but you probably knew that already.
on 4 January 2017
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Harry Potter. If you haven't already, i suggest reading them as soon as possible!!! I have read them 4 or 5 times, just excellent. The books grow with the reader, the early ones are more light hearted and the books progressively get darker. The books are a magical adventure that I think can be enjoyed as early as 8-10 and for any adult of any age. A really magical story!!!!
on 1 December 2015
Amazing artwork on the books, this was my first time reading Harry Potter. I'm a long time Harry Potter fan, though I'd only watched the movies. I finally bought these and read them all and I'm very impressed. For someone who'd only seen the movies I've learnt a lot about the storyline and characters that I didn't work out from the movies, or that wasn't shown in them. Its amazing that a movie series that I've watched like 50 times, then reading the books its like I've opened up new parts of the story. The funny thing is though, i never pictured the movie characters while reading it, on a few lines they said I'd think back to the movie and remember parts. But really i pictured the characters so differently, i didn't see Daniel Radcliffe, I pictured Harry Potter... if that makes sense.
on 21 September 2015
As this is my first time reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (I know, I'm crazy) I really enjoyed it. The story was wonderful and heart warming; the plot progressed beautifully; and I was routing for Harry, Hermione and Ron till the very end!
However, I feel like I would have enjoyed this book more if I read it when I was eleven or twelve.The only thing that stopped me completely falling for this book was the prose. I know it's targeted at a younger audience so I can kind of forgive it, but for me it stopped me from getting completely immersed in the book.
This Scholastic version of Harry Potter is beautiful. The cover is lovely, there are cute little drawings at the beginning of each chapter, the chapter titles and the first letter of a new chapter is in the 'Harry Potter' font, and there little stars in the corners of each pages. It may be small little things, but it made the experience of reading this book so much more magical. It was well worth the wait for this edition.