on 22 December 2009
I have a couple of these books for other models I am collecting and like with the others, I learn something new about the marque when I read over this collection of road tests.
The early British magazine articles are almost comical in the sort of 'Chumley Warner' language the road testers use and it is the American articles that give much more useful detail about the bike. As the model develops so does the standard of journalism with the British journos finally starting to copy the American ones and include basic spec in their articles such as fork leg diameter and torque figures as two examples.
I bought a Le Mans before I bought this book but I would recommend if you are thinking of buying one of these icons then buy this book first as you will be so much better informed, especially with all the 'cooking models' that have been built to look like a Le Mans over the years. Don't get caught out, read this book!!
on 21 September 2009
Includes articles from Motorcycle magazines from the period when the Le Mans were launched. Interesting to read.