on 15 December 2004
I got into wine making about ten years ago, having used a few home brew wine kits. I then wanted to try making my own from scratch. Sure enough this book was recommended to me as a starting point. Well, I have now made over 100 gallons of wine in those years since biying the book, and not one bottle has been spoilt, all of them drinkable, and some of them that good that my friends were amazed that I made them, and hadn't bought it from a supermarket! It has plenty of tips, recipe ideas, etc in very easy to understand guidance. Starting off with the basics this gives you enough to progress on to bigger and better ideas. I can now adapt and make my own recipes for home made wines with ease. Although a little old fashion in his ways, he makes home brewing a pleasure and not a chore.
on 12 May 2017
Excellent book for the beginner in home wine making. I had an original copy for many years and had passed on to a nephew and as I have just returned to the hobby it was the first book I looked for because even after all these years it's still an excellent reference to home wine making and it gives seasonal recipes.
on 27 May 2017
Very good book explaining how to get started with wine making.Rather out of date but the methods still apply.Good selection or recipes.Recommended.
on 19 March 2017
Bought for my son who is considering making his own wine, I thought it would be a good introduction into the mystical brewers art.
on 18 June 2017
Bought for my partner who is keen on starting his winemaking. Couldn't believe there were so many different recipes. Also liked the fact that the recipes were in monthly order.
on 30 May 2017
Perfect book and fast delivery.
on 26 April 2017
Great to learn
on 25 March 2013
This book looks nice and will help you make good wine, But this is the same book that i used 15 years ago.
I was hoping to see some new ideas and recipies, and there probably are a few. But i am struggling to find
them.
on 18 March 2017
Bought wine book for brother in law who has started making wine - very pleased - thank you
on 2 March 2017
Great book just what I wanted thanks Phil.