Customer reviews

on 6 March 2017
This is written in play format mso I was disappointed
on 3 March 2009
If you liked the film East is East, you'll love the play. In fact, the film is based on the play, i.e. the film script is actually written by the playwright and it is, after all, based on his own life. However, the play and the film are not alike, in that the author has made some very different choices. In the play, the focus is on the trouble of the youngest member of the family whilst in the film he's less central. I recommend seeing both play and film, as they are definitely complementary.
on 27 July 2011
I use TV and movie scripts for teaching EFL, and this is a good example of both colloquial English and its adaptation by Asian immigrants. A very good story, too, though perhaps not so original any more, considering My Beautiful Laundrette and Bend It Like Beckham.
on 20 August 2012
I watched and enjoyed East is East ages ago but was really interested to see where it came from so decided to read the play. It was a brilliant investment of time and jumped off the page. It is stripped back compared to the film version but loses none of the comedy for that. The complexity of the Khan marriage is starker on the page though. The structure works well with the wonderful Sajid bringing it all together - I really wish there were more stage productions.
on 24 August 2016
Very pleased could do my homework for college
A well priced book which was delivered quickly and efficiently. 'East is East' is a delightful and humorous play. It captures insights into life in the 70s in a multi-racial family.
on 30 November 2013
Ordered it because the play is used in the high school where I taught - not especially interested in it as "my" film
on 27 September 2013
Great book, great seller, arrived very quick and it was well packaged. Would use seller again for future shopping. Thank you
on 1 October 2014
I have to read for my HTC SENSE English but I actually like it so bonus
on 5 May 2015
Just what I needed for my English Essay.