on 28 December 2016
This is a review of the product composition, not the quality of the story or illustration- the book has been bound in titallybthe wrong order, with text in the wrong sequence and some pages repeated- unbelievable in this time of computer aided publishing, and a first for me.
review imagereview image
on 17 May 2017
What a lovely book, oh my word it is fantastic, my grandson was enthralled with it from start to finish - such a lovely present for a Boy or Girl - the pictures are adorable - would highly recommend this
on 24 October 2014
I thought it was going to be a lift the flap book. I suppose it is. but it isn't what I thought it will be. paper quality is okay. every second page opens to reveal a third page. the illustrations are very nice. a nice story that introduces children to different shops and items sold.
on 12 May 2017
a bit fragile but nice pictures
on 14 December 2012
This book is almost too lovely for words! It is an absolute delight for children and adults alike. Each illustration is full of incredible, charming detail and the words are full of rhyme and rhythm. Don't be put off by the fact that it says "lift the flap". I usually associate this with baby books and this definitely isn't a baby book. There are flaps to lift but I would say it is aimed at children around 3+.
on 2 June 2012
This was a gift from a beloved aunt to my two daughters, 4 & 6. They absolutely love it. We've read it so many times now, they can recite the shopping list. The illustrations are amazing, with so many little details to talk about. This book is already a family favourite. It needs more than 5 stars really.
on 22 November 2012
This is a lovely book, beautifully illustrated and full of detail. The illustrations are quite muted and have a bit of a vintage feel which I really like. The story follows a little girls shopping trip to buy a list of items. A lovely idea and a lovely book to have on the shelf.
on 9 September 2011
I always love to review books from Tate Publishing as they are so out of the ordinary, and this is no exception. We are taken on a journey down the High Street as we follow Sally on her search to buy 10 items - will she find that elusive final item? Can you help Sally find the things she wants as you fold out the flap depicting each shop. There is lots here to talk about and the illustrations are packed with detail. This is the High Street as it should be - full of individual and quirky shops - a real delight.
on 3 January 2014
We did well with our Xmas Book shopping for the children this year. It is something we take very seriously and spend many hours deliberating on what to get and for whom. This book stood out from a very strong list of excellent books bought. It is wonderfully made, exquisite artwork and production, a lovely story that flows easily but steadily throughout the story. Melvin makes a quite simple premise come alive wonderfully and with great fun and shrewd rhymes. We all (the 5 yr old gift recipient, the 1 year old interested spectator sibling and my wife and I) read the book together and shared the fun and involvement of it while also all commentating (well three of us) on the quality of the artwork and finish. It is one that we are sure will often be re-read and as a bonus it assists with daughter's current learning theme around retail and the high street. Great book go and get it for your children and yourselves!
on 13 March 2013
Such a delightful book to share with your little one. Brought back memories of of how life use to be, so a trip down memory lane for me! Loved the quaility of the paper and the beautiful illustrations.