Customer reviews

on 5 September 2001
I bought this book having visited the Tate Modern with a really special friend of mine. Having thoroughly explored the gallery and it's contents, I bought the book just before we left.
On the train home I settled down to browse though the book. It's a very complete book because not only does it talk about the art that the gallery contains... but it also takes you through the rennovation from a power station to a first class art gallery. Therefore it almost feels like you have two books for the price of one!!
I think [...] it is very well priced and excellent value for money.
Although I bought it as a reminder of a special day for me, this book is so well written. It gives you information on the rennovation from a power station to an art gallery, biographies on the artist's whose work is on show, and fabulous photographs of their work. It is an excellent text book for art students as well as people whom are unable, for one reason or another to visit the gallery, but are interested in modern art, as well as 'sentimentals' like me!!
I thoroughly reccommend this book... in fact I have also bought a copy from Amazon.com for that special friend of mine!!
on 2 August 2014
Swift delivery, all good, bargain -great seller!